Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vegan cupcakes are victorious!


As a lover of almost anything cupcake-related, it's no surprise that I'm a huge fan of the Food Network show, "Cupcake Wars." It may not be raw (and only sometimes vegan; congrats to Chloe for being the first to represent/win on the show), I'm totally addicted to watching it and drooling over the tasty little creations (it just makes me crave them so bad; thank goodness I can make them myself).

In case you missed it, I'm happy to report that last night's episode had not just one, but two vegan bakeries on the show. Unfortunately, one (C'est La V Bakeshop; that's life, right?) was eliminated in the first round. That left all my flax "eggs" in one basket, on the edge of my seat, rooting for none-other-than my guilty pleasure favorite (when I've fallen off the raw food wagon, it's been for a stop at this DC vegan bakery/eatery; don't you just love my magnet from there?) to win.

Lucky for me (and of course, Sticky Fingers Bakery), the last vegan contestants in the running ultimately ended up victorious. For once, I can say I've tasted a winning cupcake from the show (or at least a vegan cupcake from their storefront; I've been there a number of times). Yum!

If I want to try the real deal, I can bake or "unbake" the recipe just sent to me via the VegNews e-newsletter. I'll let you know how it turns out. *I also just noticed that you can order the winning cupcake kit online to try all four flavors.

Oh and before I forget, I never got a chance to show you the awesome cupcake necklace I found in my Christmas stocking this year. I had asked for a simple version sold at a shop near my house, which came in this cute cupcake box. To my surprise, when I opened it, this Juicy Couture one was inside. Something tells me my hubby had something to do with this lovely gift.

Speaking of necklaces, I'm always admiring the ones worn by the contestants on "Cupcake Wars." Although it is not a cupcake, I really liked the necklace Doron (from Sticky Fingers) had on last night (I think it was a heart with wings). Love it!

Anyway, I gotta get back to my mommy duties. I just wanted to check in while my tiny tot was napping. Can't wait to get some shuteye myself and wake up to whatever my blogging friend Chocolate Covered Katie has planned for tomorrow's post (oops, I just noticed that she already posted her cake batter shake post). She was asking me about raw sprinkles (possibly for an even higher raw version of the shake), and you know how I love those. Nice :-)