Sunday, September 21, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

I grew up watching "The Sound of Music" on T.V. every year with my mom, so naturally, I'm a fan of that particular song. I like it even better when Angela Stokes puts her raw spin on it.

Speaking of favorite things, my friend Kristen just posted a list of hers and invited readers to provide theirs, as well. So in the spirit of sharing, here are some of my responses:

Kitchen Appliances: BlendTec Blender and a good knife
Movies: changes all the time, but I prefer Indie films. I've always loved "Before Sunrise."
Music Groups: can't narrow that down either. Lately, I've been listening to whatever is on the radio at the time. Oh yeah, and I still like Madonna after all these years.
Magazines: VegNews and Plenty
Blogs: You know I love all of you :-)
Animals: Elephants
Fruits: figs, peaches, strawberries, cherries; I haven't found a fruit I didn't like, except for durian, but I'm willing to try it again.
Veggies: lots and lots of greens
Nuts/Seeds: hazelnuts and hemp
Beverages: H2O (love it), fresh unpasteurized juice, smoothies, kombucha
Desserts: raw n'ice cream, any flavor will do
TV Shows: "Project Runway," "So You Think You Can Dance," various shows on the Planet Green channel
Books: I just finished "The Secret Life of Bees" and "Comfort Food," and I'm currently listening to "At Home in Mitford" on tape. I've also been known to check in with "Harry Potter," snag something from the Best Seller List or whatever catches my attention at the time.
Spectator Sports: Haven't been into sports lately, but I used watch soccer and hockey
Colors: Pink and Orange
Restaurants: Java Green; I'm going to the GITMR meet-up on Saturday. Hope to see some of you there.
Tech Toys: I'm not that technologically savvy, so I don't have a fave.
Travel Spots: the beach
Non-Raw Foods: I have a soft spot for the rolls at Bertucci's, which is sentimental; luckily, I've only been there once in the past several years
Kitchen Gadgets: Spiral slicer
Makeup: Mascara and lip gloss
Musical Instruments: I used to play piano and flute, but I prefer guitar. I also think it would be cool to learn to play the harp.

So, now you know some of the things I like. You can add some of yours in the comments, or keep the chain going on your site. I can't wait to learn more about you :-)