Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy birthday to me

Well, today is my birthday, so I was extra excited to receive my April 2013 Eco Emi box in the mail yesterday. Actually, it's a nice gift to myself every month.

Hayden was anxious to check out what was inside and film it, as usual, too. "Mommy, let's do a video," she said, although I was unsure I'd be able to post it. I've been having computer issues lately, but lucky for you, my son was kind enough to lend me his laptop for this post.


Here's our video from yesterday and a list of what was inside this month's box with our thoughts on each product. Enjoy!

OluvCare by OluvSkin: I really enjoyed the bar soap from this brand that I received in last year's February Eco Emi box, so I had a hunch I'd like this, too. It looks like solid olive oil (it actually contains 100% extra virgin olive oil) that melts into your skin with the warmth of your touch. It's a multi-purpose salve that can be used on dry skin, cuticles, cuts, burns, diaper rash, etc.

Moisturizing Hair Milk by Shea Radiance: Don't be fooled by the word "milk," as this product is listed as vegan. Hayden had fun spritzing it in my hair, as I did using it to tackle her tangled curls. Our locks were soft and ready to for a rainy day. We got poured on going to her dance class that evening, but we remained "unfrizzed" and smelling sweet (the delightful scent seems to become stronger when wet).

Unscented Deodorant Towelettes by Crystal Essence: I was first introduced to these natural deodorant wipes in another Eco Emi box and I've continued to use them. They are just right for when the temperatures heat up and you need a little freshening up. I carry them in my purse for "emergencies."

Dead Sea Mud Mask by Rainwater Botanicals: Hayden was a bit turned off by the gray mud, although she loves making mud pies. I, on the other hand, have been a fan of mud masks for years. They are so detoxifying to the skin. I think I'll use this one today. Oh, and for those of you who may be wondering, I really enjoyed this company's pumpkin mask from my November Eco Emi box.

Dahlia Creme Eye Shadow by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques: I've been loving Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques since I received that eyeliner in my very first Eco Emi box. This eye shadow pairs perfectly with it and my aging eyes. Now that I'm older (I'm 37, as of today), I tend to prefer creamy makeup versus a powder, which can settle into fine lines (yes, a have a few of those). This subtle pink glides on like a cream, sets like a powder and gives a light rosy glow, that only you'll know you're wearing it.

Organic Hemp Shine Lipstick by Colorganics: Hayden claimed this right away. It is a moisturizing lip shine that can be worn alone or over lipstick. Hayden especially likes the fact that it is shaped like a lipstick, rather than a classic lip balm. P.S. They come in other hues, too ;-)

Organic Gluten-free Guacamole Dip by Simply Organic: At first, I was excited to find a guacamole mix in this month's box. I mean, who doesn't love guacamole? However, guacamole is so easy to make that I've never needed a mix. I was also surprised to see it contains dairy. I, personally, don't make guacamole with dairy, but for those of you who do, you might want to check out this mix.

Comforting Geranium Mineral Bath Salts by Aura Cacia: This has my name written all over it. I can't wait to take a relaxing aromatherapy bath. This one has geranium, lavender and rose. Since my kids are off from school (I'm not sure way schools are closed around here today) and my hubby took off work to be with us, I'm going to take advantage of him being here and take that bath now. Happy birthday to me!

Have a lovely day!