Monday, April 1, 2013

A brief break from my break

In my last post, I mentioned taking a blogging break during my kids' Spring Break. However, I also said I might post my March 2013 Eco Emi, which happened to arrive the very next day. Since Hayden was excited to film our unboxing (and both kids are sleeping in following our Easter activities), I decided to take a brief break from my break to post about it.

   
Hayden was quite a trip in this month's video, as you can see. Take a moment to watch or just read what we received with our reactions down below:

Free - Rejuvenating Herbal Gel Cleanser and Makeup Remover by Blissoma: I received this brand's spray toner in our December box. I enjoyed it so much that I was happy to get an opportunity to finally sample a cleanser, as well. I like that it is also a makeup remover, which hopefully means it won't irritate my eyes. I actually spilled some of it during filming, and I can say it was quite gentle on my hands. Oh, and it's cruelty-free and vegan, too.

Lavender Vanilla Shea Butter Moisturizer by Natural Heavenly Beauty: This whipped moisturizer (I love the whipped ones) has a very light scent, but a luxurious feel. I'm a fan.

Lavender Healing Lip Balm by Belle's Healing Solutions: This is a basic lip balm, which is always nice to have on hand. Hayden really likes the name, since she thinks Belle from "Beauty in the Beast" uses it :-)

Glazed Strawberries Lip Gloss by The All Natural Face: Speaking of Hayden and lip products, she certainly loves this one. I let her try it on during the video, and she just kept putting more on. She maybe liked it a bit too much. Although it is a bright juicy pink, at least it is also quite sheer. In the end, she looked like she'd been enjoying some fresh yummy strawberries or even watermelon.

Smashing Watermelon Classic Laundry Detergent by Rockin' Green: Now on to watermelon. I just got a kick out of the name of this laundry detergent scent. It made me think of Smashing Pumpkins, a group I listened to in my youth. I also like the rock vibe. I can't wait to use this the next time I do laundry (laundry day is tomorrow), so I can rock out to some Smashing Pumpkins while I get the job done.

Detox Charcoal Soap by Theraganics: I'm so excited to have received the detox charcoal version of this soap, as it was one of three possibilities (the other ones included almond oatmeal and sea salt). I immediately thought of the Origins charcoal facial mask I used years ago. I wonder if it detoxifies just as well. 

Organic Bengal Breakfast Tea by Teatulia: I love tea, so of course I'll be trying this soon. This comes in those cute little fabric pyramid bags, which makes it seem extra special. Hayden and I need to play tea party today.

Rejuvenating Mask by Dr. Hauschka: I've been a fan of Dr. Hauschka's products for years. In fact, I think I may have used this product. Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home Free: Thank goodness I didn't toss the package before taking this pic. Hayden and Jacob polished them off seconds after we finished filming our video. These cookies are gluten-free, as well as free of peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and dairy. The kids didn't seem to miss any of those ingredients. They want more of them, asap :-)

Okay, the kids are up and ready to play.
Hope the rest of you enjoy your day!