Thursday, January 22, 2015

Berry Bliss Philosopops

After polishing off the last of those yummy Golden Globe "Cake" Pops, I've been craving something similar, but with a berry flavor. I guess I'm inspired by the fact that Valentine's Day is coming up soon, because it usually has me thinking of chocolate-covered strawberries (although I love those year-round).

Anyway, my latest Philosophie order arrived just in time to make it into this scrumptious treat (yes, I purchased these products myself). I'm calling them Berry Bliss Philosopops, since they contain all three Philosophie Berry Bliss products (Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder, Berry Bliss Coconut Butter and Berry Bee Honey).

They are quite simple to make. I just added 1 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup Philosophie Berry Bliss Superfood Powder, 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries ground into a powder, 2 Tbsp. Philosophie Berry Bliss Coconut Butter, 2 Tbsp. Philosophie Berry Bee Honey, 1 Tbsp. almond butter, and sea salt and vanilla to taste (vanilla always makes me think of baked goods), to my mini food processor. Then, I processed my ingredients into a sticky crumb.

I formed the batter into about 10 balls. I inserted a lollipop stick into each one and allowed them to set in the freezer while I melted some dairy-free chocolate chips in a double boiler. Then, I removed the sticks from the philosopop balls, dipped the sticks in the chocolate and put them back into the philosopops. The pops were placed back in the freezer while I prepped the topping.

For the topping, I mixed together some coconut sugar, almond flour, freeze-dried strawberries ground into a powder and sea salt.

Once the topping was prepped, I removed the pops from the freezer and dipped them in the melted chocolate.

Then, I dipped them in the topping and put them in the fridge to set.

The finished pops are quite tasty, as you can see here. I recommend you give them a try.