Friday, February 27, 2015

100 Percent Pure Grand Opening

I don't know about you, but I'm counting the days until Spring. It seems like every time I plan to go somewhere fun lately, I end up stuck at home due to snow and ice (yes, I have enjoyed playing in the snow with the kiddos, but this is getting ridiculous).


For example, 100 Percent Pure (you know how much I love the brand) had an official grand opening of its Annapolis location last weekend. I had it marked on my calendar and the invitation on my fridge for weeks. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it at the time, because of the weather, of course.


Thank heavens for Twitter, as I was able to connect with both 100 Percent Pure and Dana, the manager of this particular store. Luckily, they still had some gift with purchases available, so I hopped in my car today to hang with Dana (she's so sweet and knowledgeable), learn more about the store/products (Dana and I took this pic of her holding a mirror, so I could check out the concealer/luminous creme trick she demonstrated on me; the two products combined really make any signs of under-eye fatigue disappear) and pick up a few things while I was there.

Although I've been a fan of the brand for years, (Dana snapped this shot of me and my documented list of all the products I currently have in stock at home; you have no idea how many times I've purchased a color I love, only to discover I already own it, like I almost did today with the Dual-Ended Creamstick Eyeliner Pencil in Cotton/Silk) it was nice to actually see the products in person before I selected colors, etc.

Curious to see to what I purchased today? Let's take a look inside my bag.

I bought a set that caught my eye, that concealer I mentioned and a new cleanser (new to me, not the brand).

In the warmer months, I like 100 Percent Pure's Organic Cucumber Juice Facial Cleansing Foam, but I feel as though I need something more moisturizing this time of year. I have to admit that I've been cleansing my face lately with Josie Maran's Argan Oil Cleanser and was hopeful to find a comparable product from the 100 Percent Pure line. The closest thing I found was this Organic Argan Oil Creamy Cleanser, which is a bit richer than the oil cleanser, but worth a shot. If it doesn't work on my face, it feels incredible on my parched hands (they are looking a bit rough at the moment).

As I said, I bought the Fruit Pigmented Long Lasting Concealer (I got it in Peach Bisque to match my tinted moisturizer). It is perfect for concealing my lack of sleep and works even better with the Luminous Creme, as I mentioned earlier in this post. It really does last all day.

The store had some special sets not available online, so I had to get one. I selected the Love set, which contained a Luminous Creme in Northern Light, a Lip and Cheek Tint in Peach (sold out online), a Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipstick (you know I love my Poppy one; I'm wearing it in this post) in Foxglove (also sold out online) and a nail polish in I Heart You (the sparkles in it caught my eye before I noticed the set; Hayden and I can do matching manicures with this one). It may have come with a mascara, too, although I think I left mine at the store. Oops! At least I have the same one in my makeup bag already.


My purchases were enough to earn me that free gift. Wrapped in an adorable pink box with a big bow, I found a full-size French Lavender Body Gel with a pink scrubbie, Organic Mint Lip Balm, and mini-size Purity Facial Cleanser and Mask, Super Fruits Reparative Cream and my favorite Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream (I always stock up on this stuff).

I have to say that making the trek to the new store really brightened up my day, even if it snowed on my way there. I'll let you know what I think of my new products in my next post.