Monday, March 2, 2015

100 Percent Pure makeup review

The other day, I blogged about my trip to the 100 Percent Pure store, promising to review my purchases in my next post. Well, here I am again with my thoughts on what I bought.

Since I purchased a number of products, I opted to divide this review into two parts. Today's post will be about the makeup, while my next post will address the facial cleanser and body wash. Above are swatches of the colors I picked (I hope this helps anyone who is curious as to how these colors look outside of their containers).

For the longest time, I've wanted to try the Lip and Cheek Tint, but wasn't sure which color to get. Peach Glow seemed to be the most popular, as it was hyped up in magazines and usually sold out. Then, there were the pinks that were difficult to differentiate online. I was so happy to see them in person, although I ended up fond of them all. I almost purchased Shimmery Strawberry, until I saw Peach Glow in the set with the nail polish that caught my eye. It provides just the right amount of natural color, as seen above on my arm. It's creamy texture blends well, despite some of the reviews I've read, and although it's a summery hue, its moisturizing properties make it perfect for winter wear.

The center swatch on my arm is the Luminous Creme in Northern Light. It's a highlighter with a lovely pink tone. It has just the right amount of shimmer to provide a healthy glow, without making you look like a disco ball. I have yet to use it alone, but I'm loving the trick that Dana (the store manager) taught me.

Dana showed me how to mix a little of the Luminous Creme on my hand with the Fruit Pigmented Long Lasting Concealer (I got Peach Bisque to match my tinted moisturizer) before applying it under my eyes. It really makes you look refreshed, especially when applied over the Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream. I love that this concealer blends well when combined with the luminous creme (I have yet to use it separately), and it lasts all day.

The last swatch on my arm is of the Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipstick in Foxglove. It's a pinky nude color that's slightly darker than my lips. It's basically the perfect color for me when I want a natural look.

Although it appears a tad brown in the tube, it looks pinker when I wear it (my lips have a tendency to make most colors look pink, which explains why I get so excited to find red lipsticks that don't turn fuschia on me). I also have a Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipstick in Poppy for a pop of red (it actually is red on me). Both lipsticks feel amazing, keep my lips soft and last for hours.

Lastly, I'm loving this nail polish in I Heart You. It has my daughter's name written all over it, but that hasn't stopped me from wearing it, too. It tends to change color in various lighting. Sometimes it is pale pink, and with a change of location, it's peach. It has a nice shimmer, which is more subtle than the glitter polishes. I had to apply more than one coat to get a solid color; however, it does dry fairly quick.

All in all, I'm happy with my purchases. I'll review the facial cleanser and body wash in my next post.