Thursday, January 8, 2009

Juice it up!


I remember that silly cheer from my school days. It went a little something like this:

"Juice,
Juice it up,
We're number one (drag out the word "one"),
(Fill in the blank) is number one!"

I've had a lot to cheer about lately, which explains my break in blogging. It's been a whole week since my last post.

Anyway, I'd promised you a review of April's new e-book, and since it focuses on juice recipes, I knew I needed to tell you about it before any resolutions get broken.

Lucky for me, I didn't make any dietary promises or plans to cleanse in the new year. If I had, I would've failed miserably.

But that doesn't have to deter you on your path to success. Download a copy of "Healthy Indulgence, 50 Raw Juice and Smoothie Recipes," by April Ross, M.A. She'll have you filling your tummy with yummy beverages that'll treat your body right.

Unfortunately, I didn't pick the best time for me to sample all of the recipes, so you'll have to test drive most of these yourself. You see, my taste buds have been a little off lately. Orange has been my juice of choice, at least when I can stomach it.

However, when I've felt up to it, I have enjoyed the "fruity sensations" from the book. "Fruit Punch Party Mania" (a mix of kiwi, mango, orange, strawberry and pineapple) and "Strawberry Lemonade" were two of my faves, while I plan on sipping some "Orange Lemon Juice" or "Grapefruit Orange Twist" in the near future.

The recipes are simple and easy to make. April even organized them at the end, so they can be printed out in convenient note card form. She really does show you that "nutritious can be delicious."