Thursday, October 28, 2010

Look who's at it again

My little fairy princess is not as innocent as she looks. Just like the "real" Tinkerbell ("real" as in the one depicted in storybooks, on stage and in the classic cartoon flick), she is always up to something.

You have no idea how difficult it was to snap these pics of her in this cute Tinkerbell costume. She kept hopping up out of her seat and running around her room, pulling out everything in/out of sight like a tiny tornado (From what I understand, her father grew up doing the same thing; no wonder Jacob did and still does it, too. I just can't keep up sometimes).

At least I did get some photos of Hayden in her costume for my site, as Jacob (who is going to be the black Spiderman with muscles) was camera-shy, as usual. Hopefully, I'll be able to take a few of them together on Halloween night.

I had planned on bringing my camera to Hayden's Halloween party at story time yesterday (the parade of toddlers and babies in their costumes was so adorable), but accidentally forgot it. Please someone remind me to charge it and have it ready for the big night.

I remembered the camera when we went to the pumpkin patch last weekend. I got some pics of the costume and decoration display (you can imagine the image of Hayden next to the two-headed baby; it's a tad bit disturbing), us on the hayride, Jacob going down the drainpipe slide and this sweet pic of Hayden standing by the height chart (she really is a shorty, like her mommy, who was standing by her side).

Then, you guessed it; my camera ran out of "juice." My sister's camera was also "dead," so the rest of the excursion was captured on my brother-in-law's camera phone.

Maybe he wouldn't mind sending us some copies of our trek through the same corn maze we got lost in last year (it was dark last time, and we needed flashlights to find our way), the kids jumping in the sandbox-style corn kernel pile, Hayden riding the kiddie train with her big brother and cousin, picking out pumpkins, playing on the playground and putting out heads through the photo op boards (Hayden loved posing as a pumpkin). Wow, that's a lot of stuff. No wonder my memory card is always so full.

I also need to delete some photos off my camera to save room for trick-or-treating pics. It's currently loaded up with family shots and food, too. For example, I recently photographed these scrumptious treats for Natural Zing's "From the Archives" series on the company's blog. I had hoped to include it in my Halloween post for them, but instead reserved it as a fall post of its own.

Looks like Hayden's at it again. There's that blurry action shot of her hand snatching up/crumbling up some of the leftover treats.


Into her mouth it goes, in yet another blurry action shot (gotta snap quick when these things happen).


So does she like them? Oh yes, she approves :-)