Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun Fast Food

I would have titled this post, "Fun Food Fast," but it seems that I've already used that title. I guess I've been doing this for a while.

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly share a followup video to yesterday's "Summerstrone." I opted to post it now, so you'd have something to do with that leftover veggie pulp I told you to keep.

As you can see, we took the veggie burger idea a step further, shaping it into a savory raw cupcake base and topping it with thin slices of yellow squash "cheese" (it's more for looks, as the "cheesy" flavor is in the inside of the "burger"), lettuce, tomato, a sesame seed-studded mushroom cap "roll," a raw pickle slice (Earth Mother of In The Raw has a great recipe for them) and cherry tomato (from my mama's garden).



Before photographing our finished Cheezy Veggie Burger Cupcake (the recipe makes two; if I have time, I'll try to type it out in my next post), I decided to put the cute flag on top to conceal the sharp point of the toothpick (please remove all toothpicks before serving these to small children); my blogging friend Rawxy had a much cuter flag on the top of her dessert the other day, too (now that recipe really looks delish!).

Hope you enjoyed our latest video. I know we've had fun filming them for you :-)