Thursday, November 10, 2011

That's It.


Don't worry; this is not my last ever blog post. I'm just referring to the name of a product we got in the mail.

A while back, I won a box of That's It. fruit bars from Tashina of LogicalHarmony.net (she is currently looking for new contributors for the site; I'm thinking that I'd like to apply). I thought it would be so much fun to do a video of Hayden with the bars (if she liked them, which I'm sure she would and did), like the other kids on the That's It. website.

Patiently, we waited for them to arrive, but alas, there were no bars showing up at our house. Since we were still interested in receiving our prize, I contacted Tashina, who was immediately on the case.

I explained to her that it was not a big deal; I didn't actually pay for the bars. But, she wasn't about to give up so easily. She made sure I got them, as promised.

When it comes to contests, I understand that these things happen (I suspect it was my fault anyway, as I was missing a piece of my contact info in my first twitter direct message; I sent it later, which probably caused the confusion). I have no plans of holding this against the company/having this influence my review in anyway, especially since we did actually get the bars in the end.

As soon as we received our package, we decided to do an impromptu video to show our initial thoughts on the bars in our very first taste test (due to the satisfying chunky texture of the bars, they immediately reminded me of Larabars without the nuts; you can see what they look like unwrapped in the video). That's right; we've never tried these before the camera started rolling.



Our box was filled with 4 apple-pear bars, 4 apple-cherry bars and 4 apple-apricot bars. I immediately went for the apple-cherry, while Hayden quickly devoured her apple-pear bar; she wouldn't even share it with me.

When we turned off the camera, she attacked the box, begging for more. Being that they are essentially just dried fruit bars (and nothing else added, which makes them far better than some of those heavily processed fruit snacks; That's It. fruit bars are free of preservatives, added sugars, and sulfur/sulfites), they were as sweet as candy to her. She would have loved these for Halloween (we'll have to remember that for next year).

I always believe fresh fruit is best, but these bars are convenient for on-the-go and for a special treat. I just need to make sure I hide the box from Hayden. She's already figured out how to open them up herself :-)

Thanks again Logical Harmony and That's It. fruit bars. These are really "delicious" (Hayden says so in our video). Now we need to find out where we can buy more.