Friday, September 28, 2012

Cozying up with another Eco Emi

In my last post, I mentioned getting anxious about receiving this month's Eco Emi. It arrived yesterday, while we were at the county fair, and it was too late in the evening to film it when we got back. It wasn't until a few hours ago that I was finally able to see what was inside (we like to save the surprise for our video).

 
You can see what we received in our video here or check out the summary below:


Silken Earth Powder Blush in Honey Bronze by Audrey Organics: This blush is more like a bronzer with a light sheer shimmer, perfect for my skin tone. The color is just right for early fall, especially for anyone trying to maintain a summer glow.

Assorted Lip Balms by Good Fortune: I never get tired of natural lip balms, especially going into the cooler months. We received the peppermint one. Smells yummy!


Facial Cleansing Towelettes by Burt's Bees: These are so convenient for removing make up at night or freshing up your face after a workout (I've been doing a lot of those lately). I love that they are infused with white tea, cucumber and aloe. So refreshing!

Beauty Rejuvenating Night Creme by Biao Beauty: I haven't tried this brand before, so I'm anxious to test this one out. I always consider a good night cream to be quite luxurious. The L'uvalla cream from my last LovingEco Beauty Bag was amazing. I'm hoping this one is just as good, if not better.

Soft Conditioner & Bubbling Body Wash by SparkleHearts: Hayden has tried another SparkleHeart product in the Conscious Box we purchased a while ago. She was excited to find some more fun, girlie girl products just for her in this box, too.
  
Lavender Sea Laundry Detergent by Safronique: I don't think I've ever been so excited to do some laundry (with the exception of when I received Soap Nuts in a past Eco Emi). This all-natural, eco-friendly laundry detergent smells like fresh lavender and comes in a cute little clear bottle (I want to make something with the bottle when it's empty). I wonder if it will leave my laundry smelling just as nice. I want to wash our pjs in it, so we can relax in this lovely scent.

Organic Milk Chocolate Angell Crisp Bar by Betty Lou's Inc.: Who can resist a yummy chocolate bar? I tend to go for the dairy-free dark chocolate ones, but I know some other family members who's definitely be interested in this.

Original Green Tea Leaf Mints by SEN CHA: I'm actually a big fan of these mints and their cute little tea leaf shape. The old time candy shop down the street sells them, so I usually pick up the dragon fruit flavor (I think I said grapefruit in our video, but I meant dragon fruit; it's just one of those days) when I'm there. They are packed with antioxidants and are sweetened with stevia.

Organic Soy Nut Trail Mix by Crum Creek Mills: I tend to carry trail mix and/or some kind of bar in my purse at all times for an emergency snack (Luckily, I had some almonds in my purse at the fair yesterday, and I also convinced the smoothie lady to sell me a plain banana). Although they rarely contain soy, I'd carry this one, due to the fact that the soy nuts are non-GMO. It also contains raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips, and is vegan. I'll probably bring this to the pumpkin patch (it's Hayden's first preschool field trip).

Skin Detox and Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life Yogi teas: These were a little surprise hidden at the bottom of my box, so I accidentally didn't mention them in our video. I have always enjoyed Yogi Tea. These are certainly welcome in my house. I can't wait to sample the blueberry green tea.

This month's box had a cozy fall theme with brown and burgundy tissue paper, a golden-colored pouch and some paper "hay." Time to figure out what I'll be doing with it to create this month's DIY. Hopefully, I'll be able to post one soon.

*****


Speaking of DIY projects, I might be making something out of Pure Bar wrappers. You see, I participated in a Twitter discussion about gluten-free diets with Fitfluential, Pure Bar and GNC the other night. Robin of Simple. Green. Organic. Happy. tweeted, wondering if the wrappers could be recycled. I suggested turning them into something fashionable, like Terracycle does with various other packaging. Then, all of the competitive and creative juices started flowing, and other bloggers and tweeters began to hop on board (I think someone is going to post about the wrapper challenge and encourage others to make stuff, too). If everyone participates as planned, this should be so much fun :-)