Thursday, December 10, 2015

Red Velvet Cake Batter Smoothie

I know that it's Christmas time, but to some it may appear that I've moved on to Valentine's Day. For one, I tried to post this Red Velvet Cake Batter Smoothie on Instagram unsuccessfully due my overuse of hearts (I'm currently blocked for too many duplicate comments, which in my case, involves leaving heart emojis on things I like), and two, because it's a Red Velvet Cake Batter Smoothie (red velvet either makes me think of Valentine's Day or the bleeding armadillo groom's cake in "Steel Magnolias;" I think I prefer to relate it to the holiday).

Anyway, this smoothie is very similar to the cake and muffin batter smoothies I posted over the summer. Basically, I just blended half a bottle of Suja Organic Sweet Beets cold pressed juice with an equal amount of almond milk, a frozen banana, a couple of heaping spoonfuls of almond flour (that's what makes the texture cake-like), Philosophie Cacao Magic Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder and some vanilla (that's what really makes it taste like a baked good). I garnished it with a sprinkling of more almond flour and Cacao Magic, as if they were cake crumbs. Yum!

Fingers crossed that I'm able to post on Instagram again soon (don't be surprised if you see this smoothie as the first thing I post). Until then, I'm on Twitter at @Rawdorable.