Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My lips are sealed with Nudus lipstick

As you know, I'm totally loving Nudus lipsticks, especially after my hubby got me samples from Integrity Botanicals (see my Integrity Botanicals samples post, if you missed it the first time; those generous samples you see swatched below are still going strong). I've had a blast posting them as my lipsticks of the day and matching them up with my outfits on Instagram.


To my surprise, the beautiful founder of Nudus, Diana Saltoun Goltsman (oh my goodness; she is so pretty and looks a lot like American Actress Emmy Rossom), was actually impressed with my posts and offered to send me a couple full size tubes of lipstick. I mentioned to her that I'd been on the hunt for Revenge (it's sold out everywhere) and that I'd be interested in trying a color that I had yet to sample.


I don't know about you, but a couple means "two" in my world. Lucky for me, that's not the case when it came to the Nudus lipsticks that Diana ended up sending all the way from Australia (I really want to go there one day). It looks as though four lippies were sealed in this package as shown.


Sure enough; when I opened the package, I found four boxes of "handcrafted lip euphoria." I couldn't wait to check out the colors.


Since Revenge was still sold out (Diana said she'd send me one when it's available again; she's so sweet), I received four colors that were new to me in their artistic nude tubes (I seriously am a fan of these; it reminds me of drawing tasteful nudes in my college art classes). Halo is a pale pink, Naked is a tan nude, Bitter Sweet looks like the Crayola crayon of the same name (a dark orange) and Survivor is a bright pink, which makes me think of Breast Cancer Awareness. BTW, the photos beneath many of my pics today came from the official Nudus website, which has quite a lovely gallery.


Of course, I swatched all four colors for you, starting with Naked, followed by Halo, Survivor and Bitter Sweet. As you can see, the colors are highly pigmented and have some real staying power. They're also natural, cruelty-free, gluten-free, organic, nongmo, and free from parabens, petro-chemicals, lanolin, hydrogenated oils, fd&c and lake dyes, nano-particles, pesticides and fungicides. Again, the black and white photo beneath my swatch pic is from the Nudus gallery.


Just in case you can't wait for me to post them as my lipsticks of the day on Instagram, I also snapped some quick pics of me wearing them.


Naked is the perfect description for the color of the same name. Although this matte lipstick conceals the color of my actual lips, it's the perfect shade to make it seem like I'm not wearing anything at all. It's quite sexy.


Halo is an innocent pale pink, so I guess the name suits it well. It's described as being "an angelic colour with a hint of frost to make you feel uplifted and beautiful."

Survivor is a bright pink that really packs a punch. It makes me feel confident and ready to take on the world.

Bitter Sweet is a dark orange shade that works well with my warm skin tone and is just right for this time of year. "Delicious and irresistible is how you're going to feel wearing this striking color." I think that quote from the website sums it up :)


I'm so happy with all these gorgeous colors (thank you Diana) and I'd recommend them all. You can check out the whole Nudus collection on the website. Let me know if you buy and/or already have any of these fabulous shades on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


* Nudus sent me these lipsticks as a gift; all opinions are my own.