Thursday, May 26, 2016

"Forever Young" with OrgaMor pure argan

Since I've been on Instagram, I've made a lot of new friends and discovered various products that are new to me. For example, today's post is about this OrgaMor Forever Young Serum and Argan Oil Intensive Hair Care System that Erin (@fireflyfieldsliving) introduced me to recently.

First of all, you can't help but smile when you look at the packaging, especially when you have a 6-year-old fashionista with a good sense of humor in the house (she keeps me "forever young"). She couldn't resist popping the tassel-topped cap off and putting it on her doll's head like a hat. Seriously, it really was cute.

But enough with the silliness, this is some seriously good stuff. OrgaMor's main ingredient in it's skin and hair care is pure argan oil, harvested by Berber women in the small village of Golden Tree, home of the renowned Orgamor argan tree orchards. For generations, these women have carefully hand-selected choice mature fruit from these trees, which they dry in the Moroccan sun and gently extract the argan kernel by hand. Then, a low-temperature pressing process ensures the resulting argan oil is rich, pure and luxurious.

This argan oil is combined with other high-quality ingredients to create OrgaMor's line of natural beauty products. Obviously, I was immediately drawn to the OrgaMor Argan Oil Intensive Hair Care System. In addition to the argan oil, it contains prickly pear seed oil, sesame oil, black seed oil, ylang ylang essential oil, lavender essential oil and Atlas cedar essential oil. Together, these oils help add moisture back into your hair and protect it from damaging pollutants, hair dyes and heat tools.

My thin brittle hair is always thirsty for a good hair treatment, and this one is helping it heal from my heat-styled beach waves (I don't wear my hair like that very often, as my strands tend to pay the price for it over time). I prefer to put it in my hair overnight and wash it out in the morning, as it can be a bit heavy for my hair type. If I do use it during the day, I tend to put the tiniest amount on the ends only. It gives my hair shine, controls flyaways and reduces frizz (this humidity is definitely causing some frizz action in my wavy hair lately).

This hair oil does have an interesting smell right out of the bottle, although I don't seem to notice after a few minutes on my hair. I must be smelling the pure ingredients, without any added fragrances. The sesame is a bit of a standout, so it has made me hungry. LOL :)

The Forever Young Serum has a similar scent, as it also contains sesame oil. I also notice the hint of oregano oil in it, which is known for its natural healing properties. The other ingredients include argan oil, prickly pear seed oil and neroli oil. This balance of antioxidants and unsaturated fatty acids moisturizes and plumps the skin, leaving it with a youthful glow.

I like to apply it to my face and neck at night only, mainly because the bottle advises staying out of the sun while wearing this to avoid skin scorch. I massage it into my skin, focusing on any problem areas. Just be careful not to get it to close to your eyes. Although I only use it at night, my skin still appears "forever young" in the morning (or at least a little younger than my actual age). It really softens my fine lines.

I have to say a big thank you to Erin for the recommendation and OrgaMor for sending me these luxurious oils :)

Do you use products containing pure argan oil? Let me know your thoughts and favorites on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* OrgaMor sent me these products for review. All opinions are my own :)