Friday, May 13, 2016

Pure's New Pomegranate Oil Lipstick Shades

As you know, I'm a huge fan of 100 Percent Pure's line of Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipsticks. I blogged about all eight original shades last summer, and now I'm over the moon to report that they've added five more.

Being a 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger, I was lucky enough to get my hands on four of the five new shades (Quartz sold out way before these were shipped to me; it's described as a white pink, which probably wouldn't have been flattering on me anyway).

If you missed it on Instagram, here are the four shades I received and swatched for you. From left to right, Peony (a pale pink nude), Hibiscus (a bright orange red), Dahlia (a deep berry red) and Calypso (a deep berry mauve shade).

I just had to take some pics of the names spelled out in lipstick, like I did with the first eight colors. Here's Peony, which seems to change color slightly, depending on the lighting. Sometimes this nude shade looks pale pink, but it also goes a little peachy. 

I was a bit concerned that a pale pink nude wouldn't flatter my skin tone, but the slight hint of peach seems to make it work on my lips. To my surprise, it looks rather natural and similar to Calendula, although I prefer Calendula (it's one of my faves). If Calendula wasn't quite right for you, maybe Peony is.

My favorite of the four new shades in today's post is Hibiscus. I've been wishing for a bright orange red in this line all along.

A lot of reds tend to go pink or fuschia the second I apply them to my lips (although Poppy, from the original eight shades, stays a true red on me). Warmer reds, especially those with a touch of orange, tend to resolve that issue. They also look amazing. This one in particular, reminds me of the Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sherry that I've posted as my lipstick of the day in my Instagram feed last summer. The difference is the texture; the Bite Beauty slides around more, while this 100 Percent Pure lipstick stays in place.

These 100 Percent Pure Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Ant-Aging Lipsticks are highly pigmented, as you can see with these Calypso and Dahlia swatches. They leave a stain on your lips, even if food or a passionate kiss rubs some of it away. I also find them to be quite creamy and moisturizing.

Dahlia is a really deep berry red shade. It's bold and really makes a statement. When I wore it as my lipstick of the day on Instagram this week, I made sure to dress in neutrals, so that my lipstick would be the focal point. I'd say that this color falls somewhere between Poppy and Narcissus, and you know how much I adore those.

Calypso is a rather fun and festive color, as well. It's a bit of a deep berry mauve, which sets it apart from the other dark pomegranate oil lipstick shades. It's gorgeous.

Just like the other 100 Percent Pure Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipsticks, these lipsticks are packed with fruit pigments, antioxidant-rich pomegranate oil and moisturizing shea butter to keep your lips super soft and youthful. They are 100% pure, natural and vegan, and don't contain synthetic chemicals, synthetic dyes, chemical preservatives or any other toxins.

Are you loving the new shades as much as I am? Which color is your fave? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable). Btw, I've been posting more on Instagram these days, which is why I always leave you a link to get there. You can see what else I'm loving there, even if you're not an Instagrammer.

* 100 Percent Pure sent me these lipsticks for review. All opinions are my own :)