Saturday, July 25, 2009

Getting ready for baby


It won't be long and I'll be able to hold my sweet bundle of joy in my arms. In the meantime, it seems as though I have a million things left to do to get ready. But, thanks to some loving friends and family, I've had some help.

For instance, I had my baby shower last weekend, where I received many of the items I still needed to care for my little one (thanks everyone). And, to make it extra special, some of the attendees also personalized a few of these necessities (specifically onesies and burp cloths/blankets) for Hayden.

As you can see in these pics, she is going to look very artistic, like a little work of art.

Jacob is especially proud of his creations, like the very colorful "Baby" onesie and the one with the giraffe on the front (he had purchased her a stuffed giraffe a couple months ago on his school field trip to the Smithsonian). He just had to share them with all of you.


During the week, he also insisted we paint a couple more onesies for his sister. He came up with the "This is my heart" design, and added another surprise heart on her bottom.

He inspired me to paint a vine-like pattern across the back of the onesie I was working on, as well. Hoping that she'll take after me, I decided to write "Natural Born Veggie Connoisseur" across the front.

I feel like I've already given her a good start. We'll just have to wait and see if she still craves her veggies once she's out.