Tuesday, June 21, 2016

#GetTheGoodStuff from Beauty Brew

Recently, I discovered Beauty Brew on Instagram, when I entered for a chance to select a sample from the line's "beautifully brewed holistic skin care." I was so curious about these holistically-handcrafted products in their cute little jars with vintage looking labels. They're made in small batches and are 100 percent free from preservatives, chemicals, parabens, phylates and fillers, as well as being cruelty-free.

At first, I was immediately drawn to the Flower Power Bath Soak with European Sea Salt and Organic Wild Flowers. That's what I picked as my sample. The name is so cute, and the dried wild flowers make this bath soak extra special. The full list of ingredients include organic wild rose buds, organic hibiscus, organic butterfly pea, organic chamomile flowers, Greek Mountain Sideritis buds, organic dried lavender, European sea salt, sweet orange oil, tuberose oil, rose oil, lavender oil, bergamot oil, peace & love. 

As you know, I tend to reserve floral bath salts for foot soaks with my daughter, and this one has got to be a new favorite. It smells fresh, sweet and floral (this needs to be made into roll-on oil blend in a glass container, so you can see the flowers inside it; hint, hint), and is packed with plenty of fresh flower petals and buds that appear to bloom in the water. I just adore it.

I was lucky enough to also be offered a full-size product to try, when I picked my sample. I have to say, I'm totally loving this next product, even more than the bath soak.

The Beauty Brew Argan & Birch Balm for Cellulite, Circulation & Spider Veins is the bomb. I was hoping it would be more than just your average balm, and boy did it deliver. This combination of shea oil, cacao butter, beeswax, argan oil, birch oil, shea butter, vitamin E and vanilla smells a little like natural Bengay (I always liked that smell; it clears my sinuses) and has a texture similar to Vicks Vapor Rub, but it works when applied in circulation motions to your butt, thighs and anywhere else that may be stretched and dimpled.

For some reason (I wonder why), my hubby wasn't down with me taking closeups of my derriere or the back of my legs, so you'll just have to trust me. This concoction relaxes your muscles (it just has an overall aromatherapy-like calming effect), softens and plumps those dimpled and stretched areas (it seems to temporarily make cellulite and stretchmarks less visible during the time the balm is applied, although I have noticed some improvements with frequent use). It also increases circulation, causing spider veins almost disappear (not all the way, but almost) for a little while. Again, you'll have to keep using this balm to maintain results.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me right away, but I recently started to use it on my stomach to reduce the appearance of stretch marks from having two lovely children. Although I consider them to be a badge of honor, I don't mind keeping them a secret from time to time, and this balm gives me the ability to be nearly stretch mark-free in a bikini. Heads up that this works better for when you are laying out or staying out of the water. I think it works pretty well.

I have to say that I'm really impressed with Beauty Brew and would recommend the line. Obviously, I picked these two products to get beach ready for summer, but there's a lot of facial products worth checking out, too. If you join the Beauty Brew mailing list, you can get a $5 coupon toward your purchase. If you use it, let me know what you get. You can find me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Beauty Brew sent me these products for review. All opinions are my own :)