Wednesday, June 1, 2016

100% Pure Lip Caramel & Gemmed swatches

I can't believe I'm so late getting my hands on 100 Percent Pure's Lip Caramels and Gemmed Fruit Pigmented Lip Glosses with Semi Precious Stones. Then again, it's better late than never. I just had to share swatches of all these shiny shades.

The Lip Caramels come in 10 glossy colors for a sleek and sultry lip. They are highly pigmented from fruit, root and achiote seed pigments, and very moisturizing with a base of lip softening pomegranate oil and cocoa butter. However, I caution that they like to slip and slide a bit on my lips. I don't mind it so much with the lighter, more natural shades, but I recommend blotting and/or setting the brighter/darker colors (blotting also makes these colors more subtle). The huge plus is that these smell and taste like a delicious caramel dessert (or even those butterscotch candies my grandparents used to give me).

Here are swatches of all 10 colors on my short little arm (I tried my best to fit them all on there). From top to bottom, you'll find Butterchew (a pale pink beige nude that looks really natural on my medium warm/neutral skin tone), Rum Nougat (a pale pinky peach nude that's only slightly darker than Butterchew), Ganache (a pink mauve that shows up a tad darker on my lips than in the container; it would be flattering on most skin tones), Melon Drop (an ultra bright melon pink that really makes a statement; it makes me think of Barbie), Scotch Kiss (an orange red that reminds me of the new Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipstick in Hibiscus, but in gloss form), Sorbetto (a bright fuchsia pink that also is very Barbie-like; it's a fun 80s shade), Cherry Cordial (a shiny brick red with a touch of pink), Red Velvet (a more pure red with a blue base), Truffle (a deep mauve nude) and Plum Wine (as the name suggests, it's a deep plum wine with a touch of berry).

The Gemmed Lip Glosses are also fruit pigmented, but are much more sheer (my 6-year-old daughter keeps trying to snag one from me). The texture is what I would have expected from the Lip Caramels, as they are sticky like caramel candies. That sticky texture keeps these glosses in place (seriously, it took a while to get these swatches off my arm) and make them an excellent topper for the Lip Caramels. The Gemmed Lip Glosses smell fresh and fruity, and sparkle with the addition of semi precious gemstones, like labradorite, moonstone, opal, pyrite and sunstone.


Here are the swatches of all 8 sparkling Gemmed colors (the colors of the swatches are accurate, although the tubes look darker due to the shadow from my arm). From top to bottom, you'll find Rainbow Aura (a more of a brownish pink nude sparkle than a rainbow; it's one of my faves from this line), Crystal (the sheerest of the bunch; it's clear with a pale peachy pink and white crystal shimmer), Rose Quartz (although bright in the tube, it's a sheer pink shimmer, much like an actual rose quartz), Moonstone (again, don't be fooled by the bright color in the tube; this is more of a soft baby pink sparkle), Peacock Ore (with a name like "peacock," I expected this one to be blue, but it's more of a sheer sparkling flamingo pink), Citrine (this looks orange in the tube, but it's more of a sheer warm peachy pink shimmer; it's another fave of mine), Ruby (this one and Garnet have slightly more color than the other six; this one is a hot pink shimmer) and Garnet (a pinkish red shimmer with slightly more color, much like Ruby).

I had thought about posting pics of each one on my lips, but that would have been picture overload, not to mention the fact that it's difficult to change from one color to the next with these (each color leaves a trace of itself behind). I should be posting them off and on as my lipstick of the day on my Instagram page, so stay tuned :)

Have you tried these 100 Percent Pure lip glosses? Which ones are your fave? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


As a 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger, I received these lip glosses
for review. All opinions are my own :)