Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy birthday to me :-)


I know you haven't heard from me for a while, but don't worry; it's nothing personal. I've just been spending more time away from the computer lately, giving me more time to do other activities, like the quest Rawbin and I went on yesterday in honor of our birthdays (mine is today, as if you couldn't tell by the title of this post, and hers is May 5). I'll fill you in on our trek tomorrow.

In the meantime, I just wanted to share this beautiful fruit bouquet my sister, son and nephew made for me while I was gone. Thank goodness I remembered to take a picture, since Jacob and I already started eating it.

While he was making the arrangement, Jacob also discovered he likes strawberries, something I've been trying to get him to taste for a while now. What a wonderful birthday gift to find another fruit to add to his list of ones he'll eat (don't be fooled by his face in the photo; he really does enjoy them).

14 comments:

Runnergirl said...

Have a wonderful celebration of your life today! You are special! :o)

melindapollard said...

Hope you have a very Happy Birthday!! :-)

HiHoRosie said...

That is an awesome and tasty bouquet!!! I love it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Gina Laverde said...

happy birthday! what a lovely bouquet. great idea!

Charis said...

SHANNONMARIE!!! Happy Birthday! I'm so excited for you. Of course, I'm a big fanatic of birthdays! ;)

I miss your blogging, sniff, sniff. It feels like you're on a trip now. ;)

I think it soooo neat that you're sluffing off some blogging to spend more time with your family. You're an awesome Mom! I can so see that!

Love the boquet. That's why my future hubby can give me. ;0)

Keely said...

What a thoughtful bouquet!!!

Happy Birthday!

yardsnacker said...

Happy Birthday!!

RawBin said...

Happy Birthday Shannon(belated-was gonna stop by yesterday, but the car's still at the shop)! I had so much fun with you! Your sister and son were both so creative with the fruit! He was funny. He'd pose for the camera and just as the picture was about to be taken, he'd change his expression or hide his face! Too funny!

shannonmarie said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely birthday wishes. I thought most of my readers got the impression I had fallen off the face of the Earth and stopped blogging altogether. It's nice to know someone is still reading what I type.

Charissa, sorry I've been away so much. It just seemed like the right thing to do at the moment. I'm sure I'll go back to blogging more often in the fall (if you can wait that long).

Rawbin, I had so much fun on Tuesday. We'll have to do it again sometime. It's a shame we won't be able to run up to NY for the Chocolate Rave as planned.

Bunny Berry said...

That arrangement is so beautiful! What a lucky birthday girl. Happy Birthday, and I love your blog! Adding it to my blogroll now. :)

shannonmarie said...

Thanks Bunny Berry (I love that name). I'll pass the compliment on to my sister. She's very creative.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannonmarie, I caught a glimpse of this colorful edible bouquet. Those kids have talent. Happy belated birthday to you.

Anonymous said...

... forgot to say, I saw this gorgeous fruit bouquet on the We Like It Raw quickies page.

shannonmarie said...

Thanks ingrid. I'm lucky to have such a talented family.