Friday, April 4, 2008

Remembering "rawified" meals


It's Friday, so you know what that means. Yes, of course, it marks the end of the work week (yippie!), but it is also the day I post something for Jacob (and anyone else who's a kid at heart).

Today we'll be playing a game we all know and love: Memory (If you're caught reading this at your desk, just let the boss know you are just sharpening your mental skills; if you don't use it, you lose it).

At first glance, you may be wondering why I selected cards with SAD (standard American diet) foods on them. But, if you've been a longtime reader of my blog, you may recall some of these "rawified" versions. I'll remind you as you play along.

So, here's how it works (if you don't remember how to play the game; and if that is the case, good luck). Pictured at the top of this post are six cards facing up. The other six cards facing down are their corresponding matches. It is up to you to determine where each match is located. I'll reveal an answer one at a time until all the cards are flipped over.


First is the tea set, like the one displayed with our tea sandwiches last week. Is that where you thought the other one would be?


Next up, are the hot dogs, although I served them as corn dogs. Are you catching on to how this ties in with my past posts? We're reminiscing.


Did you find the other apple? We have those a lot. They're already raw (as if I had to tell you that).


And, there are the burgers and fries I "rawified" for our play date. Are you getting the hang of it yet?


Did you find the books? I often use them in the background of my photos, whether it be a children's book or an uncookbook.


Last, but not least, did you remember the pizza (through process of elimination, of course)? Mine had "pepperawni," too.


Here are all the answers revealed at once. How did you do? Hope you had fun. Thanks for playing :-)

By the way, my smoothie today was inspired by an e-mail from my friend, Kristen, who has been on a chia kick. It has plenty of greens, some leftover almond milk (not from these muffins; I made more nut milk last night), strawberries, bananas, goji berries and (you guessed it) chia seeds. It's like if somebody turned strawberry shortcake into a chia pet ... or maybe not ... never mind. Happy Friday :-)

No comments: