Friday, August 8, 2008

Making my raw voice heard

Happy 8-8-08 everyone! How did I start my day? Well, I voted for my favorite VegNews annual Veggie Awards nominees (as well as adding some raw write-in votes). I encourage the rest of you raw foodies to do the same.

Some of the raw nominees included Java Green in the favorite restaurant category (it has some new raw items on its menu), Eat in the Raw Parma in the faux cheese category, Ani Phyo for favorite cookbook (although I typed in Kristen Suzanne - Good luck girlie girl; I have my fingers crossed for you) and We Like It Raw for favorite veg blog.

Off the top of my head, I also recall casting a few typed-in votes, such as Gnosis Chocolate in non other than the vegan chocolate bar category, Kookie Karma for favorite vegan cookie, Give It To Me Raw as a favorite veg forum, NaturalZing as a favorite online vegan store, and Pure Food and Wine's raw ice cream in the nondairy ice cream category, of course (haven't actually had it myself, but I've replicated it with my trusty Raw Food Real World book).

Let's see how many raw winners we can have a hand in selecting. Get out there and vote :-)

8 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

WOW! That is so sweet, thank you for your support.

I'm totally smiling from ear to ear, Shannon Marie, you really made my day. Thank you for thinking about me :)))))))))

Colleen Miller said...

Hey that's a great idea! We'll rawify the veggie awards!
I LOVE Gnosis Chocolate!!! And Kristen's Suzanne's e-book is excellent! I'm craving the Gnosis chocolate right now after being reminded of it. Great pics overall.

shannonmarie said...

You're welcome Kristen. You deserve it.

Thanks Rawleen. I hope this means you're going to vote. By the way, that new pic of you and your little one is so cute.

HiHoRosie said...

Oooh! I like voting for fun things! Thanks for sharing this and spreading the support. Lots o'kudos to Kristen who does excellent work. :)

Little Miss Sunshine said...

I cast my raw vote too! For some of the categories I didn't know what to put so I just copied your vote (shhh), it will be nice if this helps to bring raw foodism some attention.

<3 Alicia

http://www.mindfuleats.blogspot.com

shannonmarie said...

Yippie! Thanks for voting. Keep spreading the word.

Debbie Young said...

I voted for Kristen too! great minds...
deb

shannonmarie said...

...think alike :-)