Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday fun day

If you are a Tone It Up member like me (I'm happy with my weight, but like to stay in shape), you know that Sundays are run days and/or fun days. As part of Karena and Katrina's #LoveYourBody challenge, I got up and did my morning cardio before church, but I reserved later in the day for a fun day. Now that Hayden is well enough to go outside to play in the snow (in my last post, I showed you how we brought the snow inside to her), we turned it into a family event.

The neighbors must have thought we were crazy, as most of the snow on our street has already melted. Although the house across the street was nearly snow-free (as you can see behind Jacob in the above pic), our yard looked like a winter wonderland, so we took full advantage of it by sledding, making snow angels and having a snowball fight. Here are some pics from our day:

Jacob, of course, is a pro at sledding, so my hubby Matthew helped him get Hayden ready for a ride. She was quite the natural, holding her hands up in the air the whole time as if she was on a roller coaster.

Matthew also convinced me to go down the hill with him, too (Jacob took this shot; he's pretty good with the camera).

Jacob showed Hayden how to make a snow angel (he looks like he's ready to take a nap, though) ...

... and then Hayden made one of her own (so cute).

Then, my little "angels" had a snow fight ...

... and Hayden attacked the cameraman (Matthew) with more snow.


After a cold day in the snow, we had some hot cocoa to warm us up. I just had to re-post this blast-from-the-past video of when Hayden and I demonstrated how to make it. 

Who else had a Sunday fun day in the snow? What did you do?

*****

Oh, and I also enjoyed some more natural spa treatments this weekend, courtesy of Tone It Up (Remember the bath scrub from a couple weeks ago?). Check out the avocado hair and face masks from one of K&K's latest posts. Avocado does the body and, in this case hair, good. I even tweeted my good hair day yesterday. What do you think?

Speaking of doing your body good, I picked up the cookbook "Superfood Kitchen" by Julie Morris last night. I can't wait to make some recipes from it. Yum!