Monday, February 8, 2016

Flowers in my hair; flowers everywhere

Just the other day, I posted about Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soak, mentioning that Amaki also makes a beauty oil with flowers in it. I promised to let you know when I got an opportunity to try it. Who would have thought it would be so soon?

To my surprise, almost as soon as I posted my bath soak review, a box containing this lovely luxe oil arrived on my doorstep. Manika from the Natural Beauty Corner must have read my mind. Of course she knew I'd be interested in the bath soak's partner in pampering.

I couldn't wait to remove the bottle of Amaki Jasmine & Rose Nourishing Oil from the box and put it to the test. But first, I had to admire its beauty. Inside this simple glass bottle, you can see a handful of sweet little rose buds floating in a combination of certified organic oils, including evening primrose oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, argan oil, rosehip oil, bergamot essential oil, rose geranium essential oil and jasmine oil.

The fragrance is heavenly (its a sweetly seductive floral; I love the hints of rosehip and jasmine) and the oil itself looks like liquid gold. It glides on every inch of my skin with ease (it's excellent for massage). It also absorbs well, so you don't have to wait all day to get dressed ... unless that was your plan.

Since this oil absorbs well, it can also be used on your face, day or night. I haven't used it enough to give a thorough review on that, but I can say it gives you a healthy glow.

I have been using it on the length of my hair for the past few days. It works as a leave-in treatment and brings new life to my dry ends.

Seriously, I put almost a hole dropper worth of the oil into my thin hair, and I can still walk around with my hair down, instead of it a bun (in other words, my hair doesn't look greasy). It also smells amazing and keeps that light floral scent within nose-reach for hours (although I'm not a huge fan of perfume, I do love the scent of natural oils).

I've been enjoying using this Amaki Jasmine & Rose Nourishing Oil from head to toe, especially after a good soak with the Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soak. It has Valentine's Day (or week ... or month, etc.) written all over it.

If you're interested in ordering the Amaki Jasmine & Rose Nourishing Oil and/or the Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soak in time for Valentine's Day, you'll be happy to know that both products can be found on Amazon and are eligible for Amazon Prime free shipping.

What do you think about flowers in your natural beauty products (I happen to think they're really romantic)? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* I was sent these Amaki Flowers & Salts Bath Soaks via the Natural Beauty Corner for review. All opinions are my own :)