Monday, March 14, 2016

Wake me up w/Kore Body coffee scrub

It's Monday and we're all adjusting to the time change. Rather than being groggy, I perked myself up with a warm shower and Kore Body Vanilla Bean Coffee Body Scrub.

Kore Body is a new scrub on the scene that I recently discovered on Instagram. It's all-natural, cruelty-free, vegan and handmade in California. Currently, the brand is only selling their Vanilla Bean Coffee Scrub, but their Peppermint Coffee Scrub and Beach Coffee Scrub will be available soon (I'm so curious about the Beach Coffee Scrub).

As stated on the Kore Body website, "Inspired by the Earth's hidden natural secrets, [Kore Body] searched the globe to bring you the highest quality of natural elements, leaving your skin enlightened and illuminating from head to toe. [Kore Body's] balance of fine ingredients emphasize healing while nourishing the body."

Just look at the short and simple list of high quality ingredients on the Vanilla Bean Coffee Body Scrub label (pictured above). You can pronounce everything and each ingredient has a purpose. For example, the coffee and sugar both exfoliate. The coffee also helps reduce cellulite, and the brown sugar is quite hydrating. The various oils are moisturizing, effective for treating eczema and stretch marks, and improve skin's appearance. More detailed information about these active ingredients can be found on the Kore Body website. 

Kore Body scrubs are dry scrubs that come in a pouch (I just adore the sleek packaging), which makes them great for travel. They're easy to use, although a bit messy (hey, messy can be fun). I'd advise scooping the amount you need into a small, separate container before bringing it in the shower. This will preserve the freshness of the rest of the product left in the pouch.

Speaking of fresh, this scrub smells amazing, like freshly ground coffee beans (and it looks like it, too). Although I'm no longer a coffee drinker (I gave it up when my son was a baby; I can't believe he's a teen now), I love how this coffee scrub wakes me up when I apply it all over my body. I just rub it onto my damp skin, massaging in circular motions for a few minutes (this gives the coffee and sugar time to exfoliate and the natural oils to be absorbed). Then, I just rinse it away (that's when it gets especially messy; it gets all over the shower, like most coffee scrubs).

This body scrub leaves my skin soft, smooth and silky (some of the oils will remain on your skin, so you may want to remove it with a body wash, if that's not your thing), especially when used regularly (Kore Body recommends that you use it 2-3 times per week). I like to combine it with these other pampering products, as I'm a big fan of treating my hair with Lani Tropical Hair Treatment and boosting my natural glow with Kopari Coconut Body Glow.

What products help you wake up in the morning? What do you use to keep your skin glowing? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Kore Body sent me this scrub for review. All opinions are my own :)