Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


I already knew Matthew and I were made for each other, but it's always reinforced when we're able to read each other thoughts.

For instance, the other day I had that familiar holiday tune stuck in my head, and then suddenly, my hubby came walking down the hallway singing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." This was a big deal considering the fact that he rarely sings.

On the other hand, I guess it wasn't a surprise, since holiday decorations are popping up everywhere. My son made sure we put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving, and he instructed Paw Paw as to where to put the outside lights, garland, decorative bows and the two reindeer.

Jacob also loves to point out the displays on the side of the road. Secretly, I light up when I see them, too, although I think Matthew is well aware of my childhood fascination (especially since we rarely had them on my house when I was little. That's why Paw Paw hung them up to greet us the day I arrived home with my baby from the hospital almost 6 years ago. Now it's a tradition.).

Last week, I made my way down to the beach to get a glimpse of the preparations for yesterday's celebration (there was a parade, a visit from Santa and more). Wreaths and banners were already displayed on the light posts aligning the boardwalk, and with my camera, I captured a beautiful scene of a man dressing up the community Christmas tree.

I guess it really is looking a lot like Christmas. We even had some snow last night. I wonder if we'll get more for our holiday. I'm dreaming of it.