Thursday, December 29, 2011

One more naughty treat before the new year


I've been enjoying family time this week, as both my hubby and son are on Christmas break (Matthew had some leave to use up and Jacob is off from school until the new year). As a result, I decided to make this post short and sweet.

Okay, well maybe the subject isn't short (this raw cupcake is stacked high full of yumminess), but it certainly is sweet.

I like to find room for one last naughty, but nice treat before the new year arrives. It's like one final hurrah before everyone starts their cleanses and such. So, before you embark on your January 2012 regimen, try this scrumptious raw cupcake on for size. It certainly is indulgent, like the cookies from this past end of December post (I bet those cookies would be good in these, too).

Speaking of cookies, this dessert is a way to incorporate whatever raw cookies you have leftover from your holiday festivities (or it can be an excuse to make more). Just as I hid a sandwich cookie inside another cookie for Santa, I formed another favorite treat (a raw chocolate cupcake, of course. BTW, I can't believe Blythe of Blythe Raw Live has been making my recipe and tweeting about it lately. It's such an honor) around it, turning it into a triple threat. Yum!

Then, I topped the whole thing off with some raw whipped icing and another raw sandwich cookie, much like in this other cookie-topped creation (actually, I was really inspired by these featured on the Cupcakes Take the Cake blog; I'm so excited to say I was recently spotted on their blog again, too. Thanks!). Check out the layered goodness inside. Mmmm!

Don't worry; I made sure to share this one with Hayden. Even if it's an end-of-the-year indulgence, it is a bit much to keep to myself. See ya next year! :-)