Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dandelion picking in the rain

It's been gloomy and rainy the past couple days, but I've found ways to bring the sunshine in. For instance, yesterday, Becky and Leo stopped by to hang out with us for a while. They had planned on going to the waterpark nearby; however, due to the weather, ended up hanging indoors at our house. It was a spontaneously fun visit that I hope to do again soon.


Then, today, I decided to add a bit of sunshine to my #colourfulsmoothie (don't forget that I'm participating in Charissa's July Colourful Smoothie Challenge) by making Charissa's Dandelion Orange Smoothie. Citrus always seems to brighten things up a bit (just like my online friend Heathy posted about recently), and it was like a little adventure going outside in the sprinkles to hunt for dandelion greens, the main ingredient in the recipe.

I have to say that this was one of my favorite recipes from the challenge. My goal is to make all of Charissa's smoothie recipes (you get extra points for making her smoothies), even the ones I need to veganize, like the Lemon Meringue Smoothie I mentioned in my last past (another fave, BTW). Our Paddington Bear thought so, too, as it has orange in it; you know how Paddington loves orange marmalade. He also was dressed appropriately for the occasion in his rain gear.

In case you missed it, here are the other two smoothies I made for challenge since my last post. Yesterday, our favorite pig Olivia got dolled up in her best red dress to pose with Charissa's Tropical Strawberry Sorbet Smoothie. It's like a scrumptious girlie girl shake. Delish! Reminds me of the episode of Olivia when she makes a meal for her mother with only red foods, like strawberries.

On Thursday, I had the chocolate version, Charissa's Chocolate Coconut Protein Smoothie. Our little Monchhichi wanted to try some, too. The stuffed animal didn't get a taste, but my other little Monchhichi (Hayden) did. Mmmmm!

Anyway, I'm heading into the home stretch with only 10 smoothies to go. Wish me luck :-)