Monday, July 6, 2015

July 4th weekend recap

Hi everyone. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy, yet relaxing at the same time. I managed to still check in on Instagram (I'm @Rawdorable) and Twitter (also @Rawdorable), but for those of you that don't follow me on social media, here's a quick recap, starting with this yummy red, white and blue smoothie. It's a frozen strawberry, cherry, watermelon and Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder slushie smoothie, topped with a cashew milk and chia pudding. I garnished it with fresh blueberries and a watermelon star.

As you can see in the above smoothie pic, I took a day off from makeup, with the exception of this 100 Percent Pure SPF 15 Sweet Mint Lip Balm. I think it's so cool how 100 Percent Pure teamed up with Operation Cuppa Joe to give these to the troops.

Also that day, Hayden and I found a heart in our watermelon. Love it :)

For the Fourth of July, I put on my red lipstick, specifically Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Courage. Thirty percent of the proceeds from Courage lipstick go to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, benefiting wounded veterans.

Surprisingly, my red lipstick held up all day, even while drinking my American Pie Trio in a Glass Smoothie. It starts with an apple pie base of frozen banana blended with cashew milk, cinnamon and vanilla. I stirred in some finely chopped apple and Jem Raw Organics Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter mixed with almond flour (it acts as a pie crust or crumble). I reserved enough for the center layer, and then divided what was left to act as the base for the other layers. I blended it with frozen blueberries, Philosophie Berry Bliss powder and Gingerberry GT Kombucha to make the blueberry pie layer. I did the same with the cherry pie layer, except I used cherries. I also added in those almond butter/almond flour crumbs. It's topped with more of the crumbs, blueberries, an apple star and a cherry. Yum!

That red lipstick may have given me the courage to rock a bikini all weekend (just not wearing one in an Instagram pic). Thanks to my Instagram followers who helped me pick a patriotic suit (I wore the paisley one). Did you know that July 5th is National Bikini Day?

But, before I get ahead of myself, here's a firework from the Fourth of July :)

On Sunday, I kept with the patriotic theme, wearing another red lipstick. I selected Pacifica Power of Love Vegan and Cruelty-Free Natural Lipstick in Super Love. I also shared some things I am unable to do, as part of a tag. Did you know I am unable to whistle, despite being coached by Jiminy Cricket in "Pinocchio?"

I treated myself with yet another decadent smoothie, which was actually a SoDelicious Vegan Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Coconut Milk Non-Dairy Dessert Shake with added Berry Bliss powder to lessen the guilt. I also stirred in some blueberries and raspberries, as well as adding some on top.

I guess this will be a good post to reference for next Fourth of July. Don't forget about my Raw Apple Pie Cronut from my last post, too. I need to hurry up and enter it in Jem Raw Organic's contest. I seriously need a year's supply of that stuff. Wish me luck :)