Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Top 5 Lipsticks Summer Edition

My Instagram friend, @beauty.ro, just tagged me to share my Top 5 Lipsticks Summer Edition (check out her blog to see her faves and the stories behind them; I'm so impressed at how she takes the time to blog in both Italian and English). To some, this would seem like an easy task, but considering my love of lipsticks and the size of my collection, I had some trouble narrowing them down to just five (although I obviously did, based on the above photo).

Sure, I could take the easy way out and just refer you to my blog post about 100 Percent Pure's new Vitamint Fruit Pigmented Sheer Lip Colors, but I wanted to provide my readers with a variety of both colors and brands. Therefore, I started off with 100 Percent Pure's Vitamint in Vino to represent a berry shade. I like that it's sheer for summer. It's also romantic like the vineyard wedding my hubby and I attended for my cousin a number of years ago.

Speaking of 100 Percent Pure, the company is having it's Friends and Family Sale, which runs through Sunday, July, 26. Everything on the website (except gift sets and sale items) is 20% off with the code: FAMILY. You know I highly recommend this 100 Percent Pure Lip & Cheek in Cranberry Glow, which is perfect for summer. It's obvious multipurpose and can be worn as light or dark as you'd like. It reminds me of the Hawaiian Punch my mom would give me and the kids she babysat when I was a kid.

If you are looking for a darker red, I really like Vapour Organic Beauty's Siren Lipstick in Courage. I've already worn it for Memorial Day and on the Fourth of July weekend. Vapour donates 33% of the proceeds to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, benefiting wounded veterans. I'll probably wear this for Labor Day, too, so that I open and close the summer with this lipstick.

For a bright, but natural, pop of pink, I selected RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Modest. It's no surprise that I think a product made for both lips and cheeks is a must-have for summer, especially when it comes to packing for vacation. This color has been a favorite of mine since my hubby surprised me with my first glass container of it (along with various other RMS products) as an anniversary gift a few years ago. I've been a big fan of the line ever since then.

Lastly, I can't forget a nude in the summer line-up, so I picked Pacifica Beauty's Power of Love 100% Vegan and Cruelty-free Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red, which is yet another gift from my awesome hubby. I'm actually wearing it today for our 14-year wedding anniversary, along with my Emma McKinstry Save the Date necklace. Don't let the name deceive you, as it more of a nude than a red. My hubby likes it on me, because it still has red undertones (he likes it when I wear red, which is why I have so many red lipsticks).

Now that I've shared my Top 5 Lipsticks Summer Edition, I guess I need to tag @supernaturalegirl, @nz0424, @fruitybeauty, @fashionchicsta and @beautyinamin.

What are your Top 5 Lipsticks for Summer? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).