Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What I'm Loving: Summer Beauty Essentials

It's summer time, which means I've been having fun in the sun with the kiddos and spending less time on my blog. I've found Instagram to be more convenient this time of year, but for those of you who don't follow my account, here's what I've been loving lately in terms of beauty essentials, starting with these cute Moana Bikini onesie bathing suits. I got both the striped one and the Melted Ice Cream Cone Onesies, since they are buy one, get one free with the code: GETONME.


Of course, these bathing suits require a bit of skin prep. Let's begin with the inside out (did I mention that those swimsuits are reversible?). I like to make slushie smoothies with frozen watermelon as the base. The above smoothie is just frozen and fresh watermelon (no liquid is required when you use both), blended with some Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder (you know how much I love Philosophie products). It's garnished with cacao nibs to look like watermelon seeds and cucumber slices to mimic the rind.

Philosophie Vegan Protein and Superfood Powder is also amazing blended into Suja Juice, which are wonderful on their own. There's no excuse not to get this fruit and veggie goodness in your body when these are so convenient (I buy them at Whole Foods, Target, MOM's Organic Market and the local grocery store), especially when the kids keep you too busy to be using/cleaning your own juicer. They are also rather economical for a cold pressured juice (usually about $3.99 each). I've been reading "The Suja Juice Solution," too. I hope to review it for you in the near future.

As for external skin prep, I'm so happy to have won Lovinah's recent giveaway. I received their awesome Stimulating Botanical Coffee Scrub in Laugh. It smells like fresh vanilla coffee, and it makes my skin feel amazingly soft and smooth. It exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time. It improves my skin's texture and circulation. I highly recommend this product.

Speaking of scrubs, I still adore a good 100 Percent Pure sugar scrub, as well as a foot bath in their Lavender Sea Therapy Bath. It's nice to follow up with one of their body butters (I'm currently loving the Coconut Lime for summer) and a summery polish on my toes (I wish I've been able to paint my fingernails more this summer, too, but I just haven't had the time).


I'm also loving Acure Organics Firming Body Lotion after I get out of the shower. It provides exactly enough moisture without making me feel greasy (I don't need to add to the humidity outside). It has a slight firming effect, and as a plus, the lemongrass scent seems to keep the mosquitoes away.


Now that I've addressed the body, let's move on to the face. I tend to alternate between 100 Percent Pure and Josie Maran when it comes to facial products. I am currently using this Josie Maran Cleansing Oil and Argan Exfoliating Cleansing Powder, which I got for a great deal (it was $70, including the Josie Maran Argan Oil Light; a girl can never have enough argan oil), along with a bright beach towel. The cleansing oil deep cleans my pores without striping my skin of its natural oils. I also like this exfoliating powder. I've been able to use it daily without irritation.

Although I'm loving the argan oil, I've also been using this Leven Rose Pomegranate Oil. I've never used pomegranate oil before, with the exception of wearing 100 Percent Pure's Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipsticks. To my surprise, it's very light and perfect for summer (I applied it in the above foundation-free pic). It absorbs quickly, doesn't clog my pores and even softens fine lines and prevents blemishes. I also like to use it on the ends of my hair (my hair is damp in the above pic, so don't use it as an example. LOL).

Don't forget to protect your skin in the hot summer sun. I've been loving Coola and Bare Republic sunscreen this summer, as well as various other natural options. My favorite Coola product at the moment is the Coola Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion. Not only to I love it for after-sun care, but it's just a nice light moisturizer, in general. I need to get a bigger tube of it, asap.

Lastly, it is National Lipstick Day, so I don't want to forget to mention lipstick. Check out my summer edition lipstick post, if you missed it.

What are you loving lately? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

*I wasn't asked or compensated by any of these companies to do this post. These are all products I use. All opinions are my own.