Monday, September 28, 2015

Color my world w/RMS Beauty

I have been a huge fan of RMS Beauty for years. I love the "Un" Cover-Up (I tend to wear 22 or 33, depending on the time of year), Buriti Bronzer (it looks so natural and works on various skin tones), Living Luminizer (this really brightens my look and gives me a healthy glow), Eye Polish (I currently have Lunar and Seduce, which have been repurchased over the years) and of course, the Lip Shines and Lip2Cheeks (Promise and Modest have been staples in my makeup collection).


Recently, I added the above bright shades, which remind me of vibrant watercolors. The Lip Shines are Royal (purple) and Sublime (a vivid pink), and the Lip2Cheek is Curious (a peachy orange). Like watercolor paints, all three colors provide a sheer wash of color across my lips and can be applied with my fingers, similar to finger paints.

Now that you've seen swatches of the colors, here's how they look on my lips, if you missed it on my Instagram feed. On Saturday, I couldn't wait to give my lips the "Royal" treatment. This regal purple looks amazing on my skin tone and doesn't make me look like a zombie, which can sometimes happen with pale purples. I also thinks it brings out my blue eyes. It's sheer enough to allow your natural lip color to shine through, leaving you with your own personalized purple hue.

While I'm at it, I've also been coordinating my outfits with my lipstick posts. This purple really popped against this Madewell Shirred Indigo Dress. It's currently in the sale section with an extra 30% off with the code EXTRA30 through October 2, 2015. It's so comfy, and is a nice fall transition piece.


On Sunday, I got "Curious" about this sunny orange lip and blush. Sometimes, peach is a little difficult for me to wear, but this orange really shines in a good way. It screams fall and has me more excited than any pumpkin-themed product on the market right now. Since it is a Lip2Cheek, this color is a bit more pigmented than the Lip Shines, but not at all overwhelming. It looks lovely on my cheeks, too.


I let this J. Crew "Scandal" dress (it reminds me of something Olivia Pope would wear) act as a blank canvas to highlight this stunning lip color. Although I purchased this dress last year, J. Crew now has a Structured Knit Zip Dress in Midnight and Black that is a more fitted version.


Today, I sported Sublime. When I first purchased it online, I expected it to be something in between its actual color and Royal. Instead, it's a bright pink that I love even more (and since I got Royal, I could always mix the two to get the other shade; in fact, I probably will this week). It's sheer, glossy and lively.


Such a fun and girly color, required an equally fun and girly dress. I paired it with last year's Madewell Pierside Dress. Since it's no longer available, may I recommend the Adore Dress in Wine (it also comes in Crystal Blue and Ink), the Cutout Sundress in Bandana Red or Onyx, and the Verse Dress in Tranquil Seaside. They are all currently in the sale section, as I type this.


These RMS Beauty lip colors not only coordinate with my wardrobe, but also with my Acure Organics Dry Oil Body Sprays in Coconut, Citrus Ginger and Rose. For example, I wore the Rose Dry Oil Body Spray today with the Sublime Lip Shine. Both the body oil sprays and the lip colors are so moisturizing and good for your skin. Stay tuned for a review of the body oil sprays and yet another RMS Beauty product.


RMS Beauty celebrated reaching 50k followers on Instagram over the weekend.  I received an honorable mention in their giveaway, which means I got to pick one of their new nail polishes (they are free of petrochemicals, parabens, DPB, toluene, camphor, xylene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and animal products). The colors are as amazing as their makeup shades, because they were inspired by and match their other products. I found it a bit difficult to pick just one, as I change my lip color often. Therefore I went with Luminizer (the above image is from the RMS Beauty website) to match that gorgeous glow. I can't wait for it to get here, so I can share my thoughts on it. 

Has anyone else tried RMS Beauty or their new nail polishes? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


* I purchased these RMS Beauty lip products myself. All opinions are my own :)