Tuesday, September 15, 2015

German Chocolate Cake-Inspired N'ice Cream

This is a quickie post to show you the yummy I treat I made to celebrate my mom's birthday over the weekend. German Chocolate Cake is her favorite, so it's no surprised that she's been obsessed with those German Chocolate Cake Cookies on Pinterest (I made her my tweaked version of them). Since the cookies aren't really my style, I made this banana n'ice cream, based on the cake.

To make this n'ice cream, I simply blended a base of frozen banana, cocoa powder and vanilla, although this Jem Raw Organics Hazelnut Raw Cacao Sprouted Hazelnut Spread would be a scrumptious addition. I topped it with some date paste "caramel" (soaked dates blended into a paste) mixed with coconut flakes and chopped pecans. I drizzled it with that Jem hazelnut spread and sprinkled on more pecans. Yum!

It's no surprise that I'm a huge fan of Jem Raw Organics. Although the Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter is my fave, I highly recommend the Hazelnut Raw Cacao, Cashew Cardamom and Superberry Maqui Camu, too.

Have you tried Jem Raw Organics? What's your favorite flavor? What so you like to make with it? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


* Jem Raw Organics sent me these spreads as a runner-up prize in a recent contest.
All opinions are my own.


*****

Just for the fun of it, here are some other desserts I've made in the past in honor of my mom's birthday:






Hope you had a happy birthday, Mom! :)