Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Luxurious Luxe Apothecary

Recently, I was lucky enough to receive this  lovely package from Luxe Apothecary. Inside this sparkling gold shipping envelope (have you ever seen such a pretty shipping container?), I found this festive packing confetti (wouldn't that make you feel special?), along with a full-size Essential Oil Roll On in Energy and samples of the Stress Relief Essential Oil Roll On, Cleansing Oil and Cucumber + Aloe Toning Mist (if you think this packaging is beautiful, you should check out all the full-size products on the site; the bath products in particular are calling my name).


Immediately, I unscrewed the cap off of the Energy Roll On and applied it to my pulse points (I don't know if it's true, but my mama always taught me to apply scents in this fashion to really make them last). The essential oil blend of bergamot, sweet orange, lemon and ylang ylang in a sweet almond carrier oil was (and still is) a subtle, yet sweet and uplifting scent. I'm actually pausing to take another whiff of it now. I'm not sure if it really gives me an added boost of energy, but I sure do love it.

In contrast, the Stress Relief Essential Oil Blend is a bit stronger, but somehow more relaxing.  This blend of lavender, pink grapefruit, cedarwood, citrus, ginger and tea tree oil gives me that "stop and smell the roses" moment (although it does not at all smell like roses) that I've needed since the kids went back to school (you would think things would be more chill around here without them, but there's a lot more activity related to school and after school). It is both uplifting and calming at the same time. It's packed with some of my favorite scents.


I've actually had these products for about a week; however, I waited to post them until now, as I like to time my time testing them for myself. I've been using this Cleansing Oil sample (a combination of sunflower, sweet almond, coconut, apricot kernal and evening primrose oils), which surprisingly lasted longer than expected. You don't need much to cleanse away dirt and makeup (seriously, this stuff takes all your makeup off), while keeping your skin balanced. Oil cleansing (probably my favorite way to cleanse my skin) is a wonderful way to both cleanse your skin and keep it moisturized at the same time. If you are new to oil cleansing, you may experience some initial breakouts, but eventually you should see improved, clear skin.


Following the Cleansing Oil, I've been using the Cucumber + Aloe Toning Mist. The full-size product comes in a spray, so I had to improvise. I just put a tiny drop on my hands and dabbed it onto my skin. I almost used the word "splashed," but I thought that implied a greater amount of product. Let's just say that I applied it much like a man would put on aftershave (okay guys; you really don't need that much). I like that the grapefruit, bergamot and lime essential oils left my skin refreshed, while the rose and aloe kept it soft and supple.


I did skip the moisturizer some of the days (although there is a Vitamin C + White Willow Facial Creme I have yet to try; I bet it's amazing), but on others, I used this S.W. Basics Cream that's just as pure of these Luxe Apothecary products, except it only contains 3 ingredients (shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil). You would think all those ingredients would clog my pores, but it magically keeps my skin clear and smooth.


Obviously, I only have good things to say about both of these lines. I can't wait to add more of their products to my collection. Have you tried Luxe Apothecary and/or S.W. Basics? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


* Luxe Apothecary and S.W. Basics sent me these products.
All opinions are my own.

*****


On another note, I had this lovely beauty smoothie today, inspired by my lipstick (I'm wearing 100 Percent Pure's Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze in Cherry, topped with their Vitamint Sheer Lip Color in Vino; you can see my entire Vitamint review here, in case you missed it). I just blended some frozen cherries, red grapes, almond milk, vanilla and Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder to make this yummy Cherry Berry Grape Shake. So good!