Friday, September 25, 2015

Loving Red Apple Lipsticks

I'm so excited to finally get to try Red Apple Lipstick, after seeing so many of you rave about them and/or request to see them as lipstick of the day posts. Lucky for me, Red Apple Lipstick sent me three full-size colors to try, as well as this generous sample (seriously, you can get a lot of uses out of one sample, and you can buy them to try them for just $3.50 each).

These lovely lipsticks are gluten-free, allergen-free, nonGMO, paraben-free, toxin-free, cruelty-free and vegan. What more could you ask for in a lipstick? They also come in a huge variety of vibrant shades, that are creamy and long-lasting.


I must say that I had a blast taking these lippies for a test drive this week, starting with Berry Blast. It's a berry, bronzy plum shade that was perfect for welcoming the first day of fall. This one is a tad sheer compared to the others, and it has a hint of shimmer. This is the most moisturizing of the bunch.


Here's how it looks on my lips, in case you missed my lipstick of the day pic. I think it would be flattering on most skin tones.


Here's my outfit of the day pic, as well, since the lighting is slightly different. Bright light tends to bring out the bronze shimmer in it.


Next up  is Risque, which is a true red. I don't know about you, but I think everyone needs a good red lipstick that can be rocked with confidence. Social media seems to be buzzing about how perfect this red is, and I have to agree. It doesn't turn bright pink on my lips, and it's not too orange either.


Here's how it looks on my lips. I love how it makes my teeth appear whiter and my blue eyes pop. It stays put, if you remember to blot it, and if it does wipe off onto your glass or significant other, an intense amount of color still remains on your lips.

In contrast to the bright red, I had to try this Naughty nude lipstick. I actually wasn't a big fan of nude lipsticks until recently. I always thought they washed me out. I guess I just needed to find the right shade.


The nude lipsticks that work for me tend to have red undertones like this one, rather than something too beige. See how it almost matches the natural hue of my lips, rather than turning them into a blank canvas. I would like to layer some darker shades atop this color in future lipstick of the day posts, but today, I think this is just perfect.

This lipstick is creamy, although dry enough to stay put. This really has some staying power. The texture of this lipstick actually reminds me of one my grandmother had back in the day, but in a good way. I know it sounds strange, but I kept one of her lipsticks for years after she passed away. It was in a decorative tube that was missing its label on the bottom. I never did figure out the brand or the color. Therefore, this particular lipstick really brings back memories. Thanks Red Apple Lipstick.


Lastly, I tested out this Firecracker sample (you really have to check out the sample section on the site), although I have yet to post it as my lipstick of the day. Don't worry; that day will come, as I love this color, too. It's an orange red, which is a color that seems to be made for my skin tone (I have neutral coloring that is more warm than cool).


Here's a quick snap of me wearing it, although I'm sure I'll post a better pic in the future (stay tuned to my Instagram and Twitter).


If you need a closer look at all four colors, here are some swatches of Firecracker, Risque, Berry Blast and Naughty. What color is your fave? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

And now for the deals: Make sure you sign up for the VIP club to get 10% off regularly priced items,  buy three or more lipsticks to get a discount (buy two, get the third 1/2 off; buy four and get the fifth free) and/or check out the deals in the clearance section.


* Red Apple Lipstick sent me these lipsticks for review. All opinions are my own :)