Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Amaki Rose Water is a bouquet in a bottle

Mother's Day is right around the corner, so it's time to start thinking of what to get that amazing lady in your life. I usually make sure to get my mom flowers, but sometimes it's fun to put another spin on that tradition.

Personally, I'm really into green beauty, so it's not unusual to see me hinting to my household for some lovely pampering products for the occasion. For example, I was all about this Amaki Jasmine & Rose Nourishing Oil and Flowers & Salts Bath Soak for Valentine's Day. These luxurious products actually have real flowers inside them.

Just in time for Mother's Day, I got my hands on this Amaki 100% Pure & Natural Rose Water Hydrating Mist Toner. Although it doesn't have little flowers floating around inside the bottle, it smells like a fresh bouquet of roses (it also lasts longer than that bouquet).

This rose water toner really is 100% pure rose water with nothing else added. I just can't resist spritzing it all over, as it has so many uses (okay, so maybe it won't last as long as I thought). I love leaving it's sweet scent on me and using it to freshen up on these humid days (as the temps have been raising, so has the humidity around here).

Of course, it's excellent for prepping my skin for moisturizer after cleansing my face, but it also reduces puffiness under my eyes (just soak some cotton pads with rose water and apply around your eyes for a few minutes) and sets my makeup for the day. It even makes facial masks more special when you mix your favorite face mask with rose water, instead of plain water.

According to Amaki, this rose water can work as a hair treatment. "After shampooing, add a cup of rose water to your hair and use it as a final rinse. Your hair will feel soft and refreshed. The amazing scent will last for hours."

I'm a little more conservative with my bottle of rose water, so I haven't tried that method. However, I do like spraying it in hair to make it soft and floral-scented.

In honor of Mother's Day, Amaki is selling this gift set. In addition to the Amaki 100% Pure & Natural Rose Water Hydrating Mist Toner, the set also contains that Jasmine & Rose Nourishing Oil I already mentioned, along with two Konjac Facial Wash Sponges (one charcoal and one green tea) in a gift package with a hang tag. It's got you and your mom's skincare routine covered.

Do you like giving or receiving floral natural beauty products with or without a traditional bouquet? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Amaki sent me this rose water toner for review. All opinions are my own :)