Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Baby your face w/Lani's new fruit mask

You know I adore Lani, and now I have yet another reason to love the brand in the form of a new face mask. Yes, I did just post about the Tropical Cacao Detox Mask, but I'm referring to an even newer addition to the line, the Tropical Fruit Radiance Mask.

If chocolate isn't really your thing (I don't know how that's possible), then maybe you'll want to try this fruity version. According to the website, "mango, pineapple and passion fruit enzymes gently resurface skin, while nourishing banana, baobab, and coconut protect from moisture loss, delivering a replenished feel and restoring a dewy luminosity from the first use"

It really does what it claims in the first use, but I'll get to that it a moment. First, let me show you how to use it.

As you can see, it comes in a powder form, much like the cacao mask. Simply scoop some out of the jar and into your hand or a small bowl. About 1-2 tablespoons should be enough for one use.

Mix 1-2 tablespoons of the mask powder with just enough water to make a paste (I added a few small drops at a time). It will look a little like baby food, and for those of you who have had a baby or babysat, it smells and possibly tastes a little like baby food (fruity baby food isn't bad; it's just pureed fruit).

Apply a thin layer of the mixed mask to your face and let it baby your skin for about 20 minutes or until dry. In photos, it appears to be the same color of my skin, so I had trouble getting it to show up clearly (I guess it doesn't help that I tend to use facial masks in the evening hours).

Here's the photo I posted on Instagram during my first use. As it dries, it gets tighter and makes it difficult to smile naturally. However, it did not irritate my sensitive skin (I'm not allergic to any of these fruits, but if you are, I wouldn't advise using this mask, as it could cause an allergic reaction. Use your own judgement).

This mask is easy to wash off, but try to avoid getting it in your eyes. It's a tad gritty, and fruit isn't meant to be in your eyes anyway. Speaking of the fruit, their enzymes actually do exfoliate your skin, leaving it soft and smooth. The addition of the coconut really does keep things balanced, so this mask is not over-drying. I like to follow this mask with some of the Tropical Super Serum, just because it's so good.

Have you tried Lani? What's your favorite product from the line? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Lani sent me this mask for review. All opinions are my own :)