Saturday, June 6, 2009

Doughnut Detox

Okay, so now that National Doughnut Day is over, it's time to get back on track. It felt good to start the day with some yoga and a green smoothie breakfast.

Yes, you read that right; my first meal today was a green smoothie, and although I'm still pregnant, it really hit the spot. Yum!

In the first month or so of my pregnancy, I drank them every morning, as usual, wondering why they didn't taste good anymore. Could I have had my fill of blended green fuel?

Well, after an extended break from my standard breakfast, I am happy to report that I've fallen back in love with this a.m. treat. I'm going to really need these in the hot summer mornings to come.

With that in mind, I want to thank Stephanie, who commented on my last post about the green smoothie in the photo next to the raw donuts.

I have to admit that it was only an old pic from my former files (today's pic is also a file photo, but I figured once you've seen one green smoothie, you've seen them all. It also reminded me of the cartoons Jacob and I watch on Saturday mornings) and that I did not consume one with my donuts yesterday. I considered it a subtle hint that I should try one again today. Thanks Stephanie :-)