Friday, June 26, 2009

Faster than takeout


One of the reasons I haven't posted as many current food pics lately is due to my lack of patience. When I get a pregnancy craving, I have to fill it asap.

For example, the other night Matthew and Jacob took a special daddy and son trip to the movies to see "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" on the big screen. This left Hayden and I at home alone (she's still in my tummy, of course) to think about what we might like for dinner.

I don't know what prompted it, but I just suddenly had to have some takeout. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait for it to arrive, much less take the time to order it. Besides, I knew I should opt for something healthier, especially since I would be sharing it with my unborn child.

So, to the refrigerator, I darted and dashed,
to see what I could put together right there in a flash.
Lucky me, I had broccoli slaw, some carrot and radish.
What a perfect base for a quick and simple dish?


As for the dressing, I used cashew butter, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, agave nectar, ginger, garlic, fresh ground pepper and cayenne (so much for the rhyming). I basically grabbed anything I could get my hands on.

The results were quite tasty with a sprinkling of sesame. Mission accomplished, as in these photos you can see :-)