Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thicker than pea soup


No, I'm not talking about fog, as it has finally been sunny around here. Besides, I don't get the expression anyway, whatever that means.

BTW (mommy uses those 3 letters all the time, so I thought I'd give it a try), this is Hayden again. I've been patiently waiting for my turn, and due to the timing, ba ba (I'm still working on the mama thing, so I yell out "ba ba" when she leaves the room; I can say "mmm" and "ah," but I don't really put them together) let me take over today.

I'm so excited to be posting like the big kids on the block. Two of my favorite fellow bloggers (Ms. Lisa, who has taught me how to make a frugal meal, and Ms. Heather, who loves the blended stuff almost as much as I do) have had similar recipes on their sites, which means I must have good taste.

Ba ba thinks so, too. She actually delayed her product review (don't worry; she'll have her chance soon) in order for me to share my version with you (gotta get this posted in a timely fashion, right?).

In case you haven't figured it out yet (you don't need a preschool diploma to see where I'm going with this), I'm making my own pea soup, and it doesn't get much thicker than this. Mine is fairly simple, but dressed up with some dill. It doesn't just taste good; it's good for me.


Hayden's Dill-ectable
Thicker Than Pea Soup


1/4 avocado, diced
1/4 cup organic green peas
1/4 cup warm water
dill, to taste

Have mommy blend the avocado, peas, warm water (hot might burn my baby tongue) and a little dill into a smooth thick soup. Sprinkle the top with some more dill to make it pretty.

Mmmm ... I can eat the whole thing (and you know I did).

Alright, I'm a little messy. Mommy, please help me.


Aim the airplane for the open hanger.


I caught it. Yum!


Now I've got some energy to dance with Elmo. Mommy said the Wendy Williams Show came on twice while I was trying to come out into the world for the first time. She had never seen it before then (except for on The Soup). Now it reminds her of my birthday (as in day of my birth, since I haven't turned a year old yet). No wonder I like this video.