Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Santa is in need of some elves



I hate to ask for things from my readers, but I think Santa is going to need help from some elves.

You see, Hayden and I were asked to participate in a contest. All we needed to do was make a video with the response,"My OpenSky is ..." and fill in the blank. The video had to highlight a product from their gift guide (here's our gift guide from there, if you missed it) and encourage viewers to use a personalized link to sign up as a member of the OpenSky community (and be 2 min. or less, which is quite a challenge for us).

So, why do I need some "elves" to sign up?

Well, we were hoping Santa might bring us an iPad2 after Hayden stepped on our old school model. You can't quite see it in the video, but ours has a crack that goes all the way across the bottom of the screen.

The top three bloggers/vloggers, who get the most viewers of their video to sign up via their invitation link (you'll find it under my video on YouTube or in the links throughout today's post) by Dec. 31, 2011, will win a prize, one of them being an iPad2. Dreaming that Santa will work his magic (see the kids snuggled up in bed, trying not to peek. Okay, so maybe they weren't really asleep for the pic below. I just thought it was cute), we've got our fingers crossed that some "elves" will be of assistance.

But, what's in it for you?

Well, first of all, you'll be able to do some holiday shopping online or perhaps pick up something for yourself (I won't tell). It's fun to spread some holiday cheer.

Speaking of a cheer, if we win something, maybe Hayden and I will do a silly cheer for you, posting it on YouTube, thus making the ridiculousness last forever. I got the idea from another mommy blogger, who won a past OpenSky contest. She said if she won, she'd videotape herself tap dancing in a Santa hat, and she kept her promise in this YouTube clip.



Now, it doesn't have to be a cheer. Let me know what you'd like to see. It could be something embarrassing (but clean, as this is a family site; for example: after seeing someone lick their elbow on t.v., I discovered that I can do it, too. TMI!), cute (Hayden can sing her ABCs and loves to play our keyboard; maybe Jacob could teach her a song) or just a new recipe post.

Comment below and I'll pick a few for everyone to vote on, possibly using a poll tool on my sidebar. If you help us and we win, we'll do your request
(I understand if signing up just isn't your thing. Don't hold this post against us; we'll still do some less commercial posts in the future, so feel free to contribute your requests).

Thank you!

BTW, don't forget about our "Better Late Than Never *GIVEAWAY*" going on right now. We'll be announcing a winner on Friday, Dec. 9, 2011. Click here to find out how to enter.