Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pampered princesses

Yesterday, Hayden and I received our last Eco Emi box for the summer (but not are last one ever; we have no plans of canceling our subscription any time soon). Inside was a pretty purple fairytale theme fit for pampering a princess (or two, in our case).


You can watch our initial video reaction above and/or check out the list of what we received below:


Orchard Body Glitter by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques: I have definitely become a fan of Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques after receiving other products from this brand in past Eco Emi boxes (I'm still loving my full-size eye liner). This one was perfect for a fairytale princess. It's like fairy dust (you know how we like our fairy dust around here) with a subtle pastel shimmer and the addition of organic coconut oil to magically moisturize your skin.

Tin Slider Lip Balms in French Vanilla by Naiad Soap Arts: At first I was really excited about this product, especially because it came in a tin slider like some of my favorite lip balms as a child (you were cool if you had one of those). I also was surprised by this vanilla balm's greenish blue hue. Hayden and I liked the scent, and I even let her try it on in the video.

However, after watching a fellow vlogger's Eco Emi video, I decided to keep this one away from Hayden, due to the fact it contains aluminum lake. We don't need that on our lips, but we probably will clean it out and keep the container (we could refill it ourselves or use it for small items like earrings, etc.).

I hope Naiad Soap Arts changes up its formula, because it is a very cute little Etsy shop. Just check out these adorable macaroon soaps.

Organic Hydrating Sugar Scrub by Moody Sisters: Ha ha. It's funny that my sister's first Eco Emi box will have this in it. She's not really moody, but she is my sister. The scrub smells minty and very appealing. The scrub contains actual sugar granules, which makes it extra sweet. Can't wait to try it. Oh, and BTW, it's 100% organic and vegan, too :-)

Himalayan Rose Soap by Auromere Ayurvedic: Speaking of good smelling, this floral soap smells intoxicating. I usually am not a big fan of rose soaps, but I have to make an exception with this one. It's quite lovely.

Soothing Organic Milk & Oat Bath with Calming Chamomile by Aura Cacia: This seems like it would be amazing, but I don't really do milk baths (except coconut milk ones; you must try those). However, my household is not entirely vegan, so this will not go to waste.

Cool Calm & Collected Citrus Mint Hand & Body Lotion by Better Life: I think the look of this package is pretty cool. Just reading the words "Cool Calm Collected" have gotten me in a more relaxed mood. Better Life is a good name for a brand, too.

The scent is citrus mint, which is really up my alley, as well as its vitamin-rich and hydrating blend of coconut oil, avocado oil, jojoba seed oil, shea butter and aloe. This would be great for a pedicure with the new nail polish I got.

French Green Clay Facial Masks Powder by Rainbow Research Cooperation: Natural clay masks rock! They are great for drawing impurities out of the skin. I was happy to see that this is basically just a powdered green clay that you can just mix with spring water or use as a base for your favorite beauty concoction. We are definitely having a spa day today :-)

Artisana Organic Raw Pecan Butter: I've been buying Artisana nut butters for years and taking the individual packets wherever I go. I actually brought a ton of them on vacation with me recently. They are so convenient and delicious!

Lettuce Mesclun Q's Special Medley Organic Seeds by Botanical Interests: This packet of seeds is going to help me find my green thumb. My mom has one, but I don't know where mine went. I'm determined to grow these. Gotta love greens.

Frontier Natural Products Lavender, Rosemary, Mint and Lemongrass: When you videotape your surprise reactions to what is in these boxes, sometimes you don't get all the info about every product on tape.

For example, in the time allotted to film this month's video, I couldn't seem to figure out what company was responsible for the generous portions of lavender, rosemary, mint and lemongrass in the box. There was even a card with recipes and ways to use them (I want a lavender cupcake so bad right now).

Later, I was able to read the card more closely to find out they were from Frontier Natural Products (I've actually purchased many of their herbs, spices and extracts). Sorry that I wasn't able to mention them in the video.

*****

Anyway, I was very pleased to receive the lavender, rosemary, mint and lemongrass from Frontier Natural Products, as well as the other items in the box. Time to relax with my little princess. Here's a blast from the past photo of her on another natural spa day. Oh my how she's grown.


Happy Sunday!