Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Summer

Today is the official first day of summer, as well as time to unbox our June Eco Emi. The card in the box greeted us with "happy summer" and explained a little about all the products we'd find inside. There was even a patriotic bandana in honor of the Fourth of July, along with some ideas for wearing it and other fun uses. Hayden and I'll have to incorporate it into our next DIY, like the one we made last month.



As for the rest of the box contents, you can watch our reactions in the video above and/or read them belong:

Cuticle Care with Soothing Shea Butter by Badger: I've been buying Badger Balms for years. The tins are great for popping in your purse for whenever you might need a bit of moisture. The basic balms can be used for so many things (I've been known to rub a little into the ends of my hair when it looks a bit parched), but some of them are formulated for specific needs. My favorites are the After Sun Balm, Baby Balm, Sleep Balm and the Aromatic Chest Rub.

Coconut Hand and Body Lotion by Desert Essence: This is yet another company I've been purchasing from for years. I like their shampoos and conditioners, as well as their face products. When my skin broke out more, I would use their face wash, tea tree oil facial cleansing pads and blemish touch stick (actually, I still use that one). I'm amazed that I haven't tried this lotion. I love coconut, so I'm sure it will be a hit.

Vegan Lip and Cheeks in Peachy Rose by The All Natural Face: I've been loving every All Natural Face product featured in my Eco Emi boxes so far, and this one was no exception. This very natural looking lip and cheek cream is perfect for my complexion (it has argan oil in it) and is excellent for touch ups on the go. It comes in a tiny mirror compact, which is small enough to fit in Hayden's pocket. All I need is this and some mascara to create a carefree summer look.

Vegan Bronzer by Purely You Minerals: Okay, maybe a little bronzer would be nice, too, although I tend to just sport my own natural glow. This one just leaves a subtle glow and blends well with my skin. It might be nice for days when I'm lacking in the sleep department.


Purifying Cleansing Wipes by Nelsons Pure & Clear: Thank goodness my skin is outgrowing the acne face, but unfortunately, my son is just entering it. I guess these wipes came at the perfect time. Boys don't tend to be big fans of facial regimens, so these wipes have his name written all over them. He tested them out last night and this morning. All he had to do was swipe them over his face (no water was needed). He likes the feel of them on his skin, but doesn't care much for the smell (they contain tea tree oil and witch hazel). I know it has only been two uses, but his skin looks great. I might have to buy some more of these.

Chipotle BBQ Chips by Beanitos Black Bean Chips: We've had Beanitos before and ate them all up. I have a feeling these will disappear soon, too. Since I don't offer prepackaged snacks in the house very often, these will have to wait to our next outing.

All-Natural, Gluten-free Gummy Bears by Surf Sweets: Hayden got especially excited about these, and although I was hesitant to give them to her, she tore open the package before I even got a picture. Heads up that they are not vegan. She ate them anyway and loved them. Obviously, I'm not that strict about it.
 

Wheatgrass Organic Heirloom Seeds by Botanical Interests: Somehow I did not get my mom's green thumb. I meant to grow wheatgrass in the past, but it never happened. I think the universe wants to change that. If it works, I'll need to get the proper juicer for it (I actually enjoy wheatgrass juice) or just use it for decoration (it looks great on a spring table, especially at Easter time).

That's all for now folks. Have a lovely weekend!