Saturday, March 28, 2015

Eye Love You Good Buys

When it comes to blogging, I'm not much of a planner; I tend to just blog whatever comes to mind at the time. For example, today's blog post is a spontaneous one about Josie Maran's Good Buys and a brief mention about her Eye Love You palette.

As a Josie Maran customer, I get e-mail notifications of all the special offers, today's being a Buy One, Get One Free offer on all the Good Buys (discounted items that are most likely seasonal or discontinued). This offer is good until 4/4/15, while supplies last.

I just had to tell everyone about this offer, because I just love a Good Buy (seriously, you can score some deals), especially when you get another one free. I'm actually surprised that the Set of 5 Mini Argan Liner Pencils in still available. I got mine forever ago, and it was more than worth the $9 I spent (the original price was $30).

The set comes in 5 different colors: Black Raven, Treasure (a Greenish, Golden Brown), Chocolate (Brown), Tropical (Teal) and Violet. Here are some quick swatches I did of the colors. They are long-lasting and can be applied either as a crisp line or a smoky smudge.

These eyeliners glide on smoothly and don't tug at my aging eyes. I'll be 39-years-old next month, so it's amazing that I was willing to post this closeup of me wearing the black raven eyeliner, along with the Josie Maran Argan Triple Volume GOGO mascara.

A mini version of the mascara is also in the Good Buy section at the time that I'm writing this post (it's marked down to $8). When it comes to mascaras, I think mini versions are the way to go, if you can find them. There is enough product to last until it's either dried up or time to toss it (it's best to dispose of mascara after 3 months of use). I don't know about you, but my full-size mascaras still have a lot in them after 3 months, which makes it tempting to keep them much longer.

Since I'm on the topic of good deals on the Josie Maran site, may I also recommend the Argan Eye Love You Eye Shadow Palette for $42. It's a good price when you consider the fact that her eye shadow quads are $36. It comes in a cute mirror compact that's great for travel. The colors are flattering, too, although I wish it included a brown or bronze color. I have a tendency to incorporate a bronzer on my eyes when I use these shadows.

Okay, now I won't hold you up any longer. I wouldn't want you to miss out on these Good Buys.

*So you know, Josie Maran did not provide any of these products. I'm just a fan of the brand.