Wednesday, September 9, 2015

More Pacifica Beauty finds from Target

A couple months ago, I blogged about some of the Pacifica Beauty products I've purchased from Target. Last weekend, I picked up two more. I couldn't resist this palette of Natural Minerals Radiant Shimmer Coconut Multiples Highlighting Creams for Eyes, Lips and Face, as well as another Natural Color Quench Lip Tint in Blood Orange (I already have Vanilla Hibiscus, but this was recommended to me on Instagram).

You may have noticed the "Pretty in Pink" background that was inspired by the movie of the same name. I mentioned it on Instagram, but I'll say it again; it saddens me how Molly Ringwald's character cuts up that adorable polka dot retro dress, yet I'm still inspired by how she creates something new and unique out of the two dresses she had.


I like to do the same thing with the makeup I wear, experimenting with different color combinations. I actually wore this Blood Orange lip tint over another Pacifica lipstick today.


But, since this post is about this Blood Orange lip tint and not the other color I'm currently wearing, here's how it looks by itself. To my surprise, this tint offers enough color to stand alone. It's a bit sheer with a subtle shimmer and a sweet scent that reminds me of my Orange Marmalade doll (from Strawberry Shortcake) from back in the day. I love how these tints have a marble effect. The color in the tube is a swirl of orange, red and dark pink that combine into the natural color you see here, although it tends to vary slightly each time I apply it.


Now onto the shimmers, which come in a much larger box than the size of the actual palette (the palette is slimmer and sleeker).


When you open the palette, you get the same positive message as inside the eyeshadow one I reviewed previously. "You are so pretty." The bronze, pink and pale lilac shades are also very pretty, although they apply much lighter than expected. You can apply layers for a more distinct look, but it will remain quite natural. The bronze seems to be smoother and creamier (perfect for use as a bronzer, lipstick or cream shadow) than the other two, which are both powdery and creamy at the same time. They are better suited for a blush/highlighter and/or eyeshadow, rather than for your lips.


Here are some makeup swatches of the shimmers with the lip tint. You can see the sheerness of the lip tint and the way the shimmers actually "shimmer." Although the colors are quite noticeable in this pic, they do fade throughout the day, so you may need to reapply them.


I posted a pic on Instagram the other day (which explains the crazy quality of this iPhone pic) of me wearing the shimmers on my eyes (the pink on the lid, bronze in the crease and lilac on the brow bone), cheeks and lips. It doesn't translate well in the photo, but it does create a natural no-makeup makeup look, if you know what I mean.

Have you tried Pacifica's Radiant Shimmers Coconut Multiples and/or the Natural Color Quench Lip Tints? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


*I purchased these Pacifica Beauty products myself. I'm just a fan of the brand.

*****

On another note, I'm loving this Magical Blissful Cacao Berry Smoothie from the other day. I just blended some frozen banana, strawberries, almond milk and Philosophie Cacao Magic and Berry Bliss Vegan Protein and Superfood Powders. Yum! My friend Sophie (hence the name Philosophie) is actually looking for an intern at the moment. If you are in the L.A. area, you should check it out.