Thursday, April 7, 2016

It's time to #GETYELLOW w/YLLO

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a little addicted to scrubs and masks, especially when there's something that sets them apart from the rest. Therefore, it's no surprise that I was more than willing to try this YLLO Turmeric Scrub.

According to YLLO, turmeric is "the ultimate badass for your face." It "kicks butt" by helping to reduce acne and rosacea, fading acne scars, evening out skin tone, controlling oily skin, slowing/eliminating facial hair growth, keeping skin young, tight and vibrant, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It also has a fun yellow color, thus the name YLLO.

Inside this simple brown packet is a bright yellow scrub made up of 100% natural, gluten-free and vegan ingredients. It contains turmeric, chickpea flour, cold-pressed coconut oil, cane sugar, sea salt, pure vitamin E oil and essential lemon oil. These ingredients are so clean, you probably could eat it, although I don't recommend it (I do know that it tastes good, if you accidentally get some on your lips/in your mouth while wearing it).

It's easy to use. Just mix about a tablespoon of the scrub with 1/2 a teaspoon of water and apply it to your face with your fingers. Massage your skin in a circular motion for some scrub action and then let it sit as a mask for about 20 minutes. During that time, you can dance around or do whatever silly thing you want to do, while your face is yellow.

Speaking of being yellow, this could be a good time to snap a photo of your yellow face. Post it on Instagram for a chance to be featured on YLLO's page. Make sure to tag your pic with #GETYELLOW.

When it's time to remove your yellow scrub/mask (the above pic is my naked face after washing off the YLLO Turmeric Scrub), make sure to rinse it well and most likely use your favorite cleanser to get every last trace of yellow. Although this combination of ingredients with the turmeric does not stain your skin, it can stain your washcloth and/or towel, so don't use pale colors or your favorite ones.

I've found that this scrub/mask leaves my skin glowing, even and very clear. I feel confident to go out and about makeup-free after using it. What do you think? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* YLLO sent me this scrub for review. All opinions are my own :)