Monday, September 21, 2009

Maggie No-Moo's


Good Monday morning. Hope you all are enjoying your frozen breakfast in a cup. I sure am.

But, these cool cuppies aren't only for breakfast. In fact, I actually got the idea from a place that probably doesn't open that early in the day.

Maggie Moo's is a popular ice cream chain that not only serves up its frozen treats by the scoop, but also in cake form. You can even buy the cakes in a cupcake variety pack. I just wish they were dairy-free, not to mention raw.

So, as usual, when I can't get a food the way I want it, I go home and rawify it myself. I even started making different flavors to mix things up a bit.

As I said before, I've been stocking my freezer with various homemade convenient snacks, so I'll be prepared whenever a craving may arise. Here you can see two of my frozen "yogurt"-inspired flavors, which include traditional blueberry and strawberry.

I decided to jazz up the blueberry n'ice cream cupcake similar to when I made this chocolate blueberry sundae. I added cocoa to the n'ice cream and decorated it with some juice-colored coconut sprinkles, blueberries and chunks of chocolate with more blueberries buried inside (oops, these weren't raw, but still vegan; If you have the time, you can make them yourself).

The strawberry n'ice cream cake was kept simple with a strawberry base, coconut sprinkles, almond slices and a strawberry on top. Very nice :-)

I have to apologize for the blurry shots, as the n'ice cream was beginning to melt while my camera was malfunctioning again. Thank goodness I was able to use Jacob's, although it doesn't have the best focus. Hopefully I can get some clearer shots of the next batch.