Friday, September 11, 2009

What's in the box?

Well, if you are looking at the photo, you already know ... just don't tell my mom quite yet. Today is her birthday, and just like last year, I made her a gift by her request.

Actually, I've had this gift under wraps, literally, since before Hayden was born. Not knowing the exact day of her arrival in advance, I made sure to have all August and September presents purchased, wrapped and ready to be given at anytime.

For instance, August was a hectic month. There were birthday parties every weekend, and from now on, Hayden will make for one more. The day after she was born, Paw Paw was nice enough to take Jacob to his friend's pool party, along with the gift I packed along with him.

I also toted two shower gifts to the hospital in hopes that someone would transport them for me to the baby and wedding showers I was invited to that weekend. How's that for planning?

As for my mom's present, I made this necklace and earrings set at the same time I posted the set I made for myself. I just opted not to post hers so soon, in case she stopped by my blog for a visit.

I won't be presenting them to her until our usual Sunday dinner, but since she has such a busy schedule, I figured she wouldn't catch a glimpse of them before then. If she does, then all I can say is, "Happy Birthday Mom! These are for you."

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have an opportunity this time to make her a raw dessert, as I have in the past. One year, I made raw German chocolate cupcakes topped with the filling from my Samoraws. They were the perfect complement to her baked favorite.

This year, my sister is really baking German chocolate cupcakes for her birthday, while I'll just be satisfied with some fresh fruit. So, since I don't have a current raw birthday dessert to share, here's a flashback photo of last year's "fruit cake." Hey, maybe I'll make that again.