Friday, September 18, 2009

Singing in the shower


No matter how I try to time it, Hayden always wakes up when I'm in the shower. I carefully position her vibrating seat nearby, so I can peek out the curtain, making sure she's still asleep. Unfortunately, she's probably too close to the sound of rushing water to keep her in this peaceful state.

Before I know it, she's crying for me to come to her rescue. I find myself racing to rinse every last tiny bubble of suds from my bod, so I can quickly dry off and comfort my fair lady.

The other day, I made an attempt to lengthen my shower stay by singing to my tiny audience. I've always heard the acoustics can't be beat in there, so why not give it a shot?

I started with "Mary Had a Little Lamb," and then, when that worked, I moved on to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "London Bridges" and "Row, Row Your Boat." To my surprise, I drowned out her cries and lulled her back to sleep.

I guess these song choices aren't sophisticated enough for her, as they always seem to bore her into a zonked out state. She actually prefers the hit songs from the radio (especially when I dance with her at the same time; Nicole, you were right about the dancing), although I usually have her listen to the Kidz Bop versions (her favorites are "All Star" and "Get This Party Started") .

When Jacob was a baby, he loved Journey and Neil Diamond. How's that for sophistication?

That's like when I sampled a little Don Ho for Hayden with the catchy tune, "Tiny Bubbles." It just seemed to go with the whole bathing theme, as well as with these recent dessert pics (a raw version of the Rescue Chef's Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Parfait. I substituted chia seeds for some of the poppy seeds in my nut-based "yogurt"). I just had to post some kind of visual, and it definitely wasn't going to be me in the shower or Hayden in her bath.

But, just to put a smile on your face, here is a pic of her right after her bath. She's wearing a Jacob original. He just had to design another onesie for her after seeing my latest creation. He's quite the artist :-)