Friday, November 13, 2009

Another cupcake split


Continuing with my Vegan Mofo cupcake memories, I opted to highlight one of the Urban Girl Scout's splits. She used them as a theme for several of her posts (kind of like when I get on a roll with my cupcakes, which seems to be still going), so it was hard to pick just one.

My first instinct was to select the berry cream chocolate pancake split, featured on the Mofo wrap-up, but then her following post made my decision making a cinch. Being that this is a mostly raw blog, I had to go with the split date version (practically a raw foodie staple). Delish!

Just like her, I split some dates, filling them with some yummy nut butter goodness. Then, I skipped the microwave part, proudly displaying them atop this yummy chocolate chip cupcake with a bed of banana, raw whipped icing, chocolate sauce and more chocolate chips (in this case, cacao nibs).

I think I'm having a case of deja vu again. But, I'm not complaining; banana splits and raw cupcakes are worth another try ... and another, and another ...



*****

friday, november 13, 2009, continued ...
...............................................................................


Worth checking the mail

I don't know if the weather is as wet in your neck of the woods, but it's been raining cats and dogs here for days. It is amazing that anyone would brave it to put this little package in my mailbox, and thanks to my hubby, it didn't have to stay in there for long (thanks Matthew).

The cute little key chain I mentioned I won (I got the sea foam green one) was neatly tucked inside. Finding it there really brightened my day. Thanks Jeanette for making/sending it to me. It arrived at the perfect time :-)